1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. so did the wii u fail
1 year ago#131
DiscostewSM posted...
Zayzie posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Zayzie posted...
So wait vgchartz is suddenly a legit source on this board? Squatch and Ace and all their little cohorts regularly claim vgchartz is unreliable and just makes up numbers...but now suddenly, it's valid for ballpark estimates?? Its whole purpose for existing, in the first place. Wow i never thought I'd see the day. I'm definitely bookmarking this for thenext time Nintendo fan boys go" lol vgchartz, they're unreliable...they just make up numbers"

They're just demonstrating the hypocrisy of those that used vgchartz as reliable numbers when the discussion involved PS4. Now those same people are throwing vgchartz out the window since PS4 is thrown out as well, all because Wii U is ahead among the remaining consoles, and they can't stand those like Squatch and Ace taking the exact same stance with Wii U as those others did with the PS4 to show them of that hypocrisy.

Uh...no. they're obviously throwing the "lol vgchartz" crap back into the faces of those who use it. Or are you blatantly being obtuse and pretending that's not whats happening here?? The reason why you cant tell is because you belong in that group. Ace and squatch and your friends here are incorrect. The whole point of vgchartz is as an estimate. Any rational person knows this. Yet here you are parroting the same garbage. A source should be legitimate all the time...if you spend your time riling about how inaccurate a given source is then be prepared to have it thrown in your face when you try to use it to support your argument. But no, that's not what's going on here is it?? Learn2reading comprehension.

Unless you are legitimately naive enough to not understand the subtext of the conversation. In which case, qft.

I'm just pointing out the truth, that the trolls got found out for saying one thing and then the opposite. If you can't accept that, then you're likely part of that group only trying to deflect attention away from that guilty party.

So basically lack of reading comprehension. Check. thank you for flat out proving you are a delusional kid. You have zero credibility at this point.

Now qft.
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
1 year ago#132
Guys....Guys!

GUYS!!!

This is a marathon, not a race.
---
PSN: AlujaZeromus | WiiU: Aluja
GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 | i5 4670k @4.2 | 228GB SSD(3) | 6TB Storage HDD
1 year ago#133
How can anyone think it hasn't been a failure so far and will end up being a failure overall?

What exactly does anyone think will turn it around at this point? It's had the majority of its biggest releases. It's sales are trailing behind the GCN, which Nintendo considered a failure. This is the first generation where Nintendo has been losing money. Sure, they purchased some property but the WiiU is still costing them money. 3rd parties have cut support out completely for the console. Every upcoming game is either Nintendo developed or funded except for Just Dance. Everything about the WiiU has been a huge failure anyway you look at it.

Heck, a year after it's launch, the marketing campaign for 3D World focused around explaining what the WiiU is. That was after it had been on the market for a year. The a Wii had been dead for quite awhile and wasn't supported and had plenty of time to advertise the WiiU and build a console launch and failed to do that. Nintendo home consoles generally have a 5 year lifespan so the WiiU has nearly reached half its life. Nothing is going to turn it around. The PS4 surpassed it in 9 months. The Xbox One has nearly equaled its sales in 9 months with a high price tag, horrible press, and limited availability. It has been and will be considered a failure by Nintendo.
1 year ago#134
vermilion99 posted...
It's had the majority of its biggest releases. It's sales are trailing behind the GCN, which Nintendo considered a failure.

Nintendo profited off the GCN. They can still do that will the Wii U. And these historical comparisons are ridiculous, the Wii U's compeititors are the PS4 and XB1, not some console from the past.

But all of your points have already been addressed many times in this thread. The trotting out of the "this console sold this amount over this time period" claim doesn't mean squat when you don't keep selling consoles at the same pace. Sales can either pick up or hit a wall. Ask Sony about the PS3, Nintendo about the Wii, and Microsoft about the XB1. As for the XB1, no one cares that they started after the Wii U, ask Sony about that. Microsoft are the ones who have to catch-up. As usual, you just read what you want to read and don't address the counterclaims.
1 year ago#135
Zayzie posted...
So wait vgchartz is suddenly a legit source on this board? Squatch and Ace and all their little cohorts regularly claim vgchartz is unreliable and just makes up numbers...but now suddenly, it's valid for ballpark estimates??

I never claimed that vgchartz was unreliable, but go ahead and make generalizations.
1 year ago#136
only two options? yeah fail troll topic
1 year ago#137
vermilion99 posted...
How can anyone think it hasn't been a failure so far and will end up being a failure overall?
It's been a success on my part.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
1 year ago#138
mw5178 posted...
vermilion99 posted...
It's had the majority of its biggest releases. It's sales are trailing behind the GCN, which Nintendo considered a failure.

Nintendo profited off the GCN. They can still do that will the Wii U. And these historical comparisons are ridiculous, the Wii U's compeititors are the PS4 and XB1, not some console from the past.

But all of your points have already been addressed many times in this thread. The trotting out of the "this console sold this amount over this time period" claim doesn't mean squat when you don't keep selling consoles at the same pace. Sales can either pick up or hit a wall. Ask Sony about the PS3, Nintendo about the Wii, and Microsoft about the XB1. As for the XB1, no one cares that they started after the Wii U, ask Sony about that. Microsoft are the ones who have to catch-up. As usual, you just read what you want to read and don't address the counterclaims.

And you keep spouting off about how the Xbox has to catch up to the WiiU and act like a year head start doesn't mean anything. The fact that the Xbox has nearly caught up with the WiiU in 9 months vs 21 months, is more expensive, hasn't had a big release yet, and isn't available in every market seems to go over your head.

Nintendo did profit off of the GCN, yet they still considered it a failure. The fact that the WiiU is trailing in sales behind the GCN even though the home console market is bigger than it was back then, and getting reports of Nintendo actually losing money doesn't mean the WiiU is a success or will be. Common sense should tell you that. Do you honestly think Nintendo feels like the WiiU is a success? A console they released a year before the competition and already being outsold by the PS4 and Xbox One catching up is not a success.

But please, go ahead and keep living in your dream world where logic and facts don't exist.
1 year ago#139
ZechtAurion posted...
Guys....Guys!

GUYS!!!

This is a marathon, not a race.

Newsflash - those are two different words for the same thing.
1 year ago#140
vermilion99 posted...
And you keep spouting off about how the Xbox has to catch up to the WiiU and act like a year head start doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't. If you're trying to finish ahead of everyone in sales, you have to work harder to do it if you start late.

The fact that the Xbox has nearly caught up with the WiiU in 9 months vs 21 months, is more expensive, hasn't had a big release yet, and isn't available in every market seems to go over your head.

They didn't go over my head because I already addressed these points. Feel free to re-read them, and when you actually have a logical counter to what I posted, I'll be happy to reply to them. Otherwise, stop wasting my time.

Nintendo did profit off of the GCN, yet they still considered it a failure.

Making a profit off your product is never a failure. Perhaps you mean in comparison to another console (like, say, with the SNES), but that kind of thinking is backwards as well. You could make that claim with any of the consoles. The SNES didn't sell as many consoles as the NES, so that was also a failure.

The fact that the WiiU is trailing in sales behind the GCN even though the home console market is bigger than it was back then, and getting reports of Nintendo actually losing money doesn't mean the WiiU is a success or will be. Common sense should tell you that.

That's not common sense. That's lunacy. The industry ebbs and flows, and sales and sales momentum can go up or down. Common sense says to wait until after each console wrapped up this generation before you talk about the success or failure of the product.

Do you honestly think Nintendo feels like the WiiU is a success? A console they released a year before the competition and already being outsold by the PS4 and Xbox One catching up is not a success.

And this console generation isn't complete yet.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. so did the wii u fail

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived