Has Nintendo Network ever been DDOS'd?

#21j_darrellPosted 8/24/2014 9:23:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22Thunderbird8Posted 8/24/2014 12:59:06 PM
squatch22 posted...
sg91 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Nintendo Network doesn't store the customer credit card info

It doesn't? Then my Wii U must be virused because it asked me if I wanted to save my credit card info.

If its like 3DS, its saved to the system, not the network

Except that both systems save to the server, not the system. In the NNID registration process (for linking an existing NNID), it was pointed out that the credit card info saved by the 3DS would be overwritten by the info saved to the NNID. This would be impossible if the information was only saved to the system.
#23Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/24/2014 3:07:00 PM
kukingina2 posted...
ddos'd? not even worth it because not alot of people play nintendo games online. Im not even kidding

Whether that's actually going to stop someone sufficiently bored (or vindictive) from doing it is another matter.
#24corex3dPosted 8/24/2014 3:18:00 PM(edited)
apparently they might go after xbl next according to there twitter but it seems to be working fine for me so far lets hope they don't decided to do Nintendo next

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/status/503667531152752642
#25Wii_TruthPosted 8/24/2014 3:53:55 PM
I find it amusing that Nintendo's free online service is better than PSN. All games can be played completely free, and Ponys say theirs is better because it has a few extra little features like "party chat". Wow! At least Microsoft is implementing dedicated servers and you don't have to deal with lag and disconnections because of a peer who decided to quit or has a bad connection. I dare say it is worth $60 a year. Almost...

If Nintendo ever does do a payed service it needs dedicated servers and Nintendo needs to iron out all these missing little features that are oh-so important.
---
Take that look from off your face, cuz you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out.
#26Demon_AckerPosted 8/24/2014 4:03:14 PM
the amount of salt ITT is astounding
Yes, XBL and PSN got DDoS'd. No, Nintendo Network didn't get DDoS'd. That's it.
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
#27CubeTVPosted 8/24/2014 4:10:16 PM
squatch22 posted...

Nintendo can't do much cross buy seeing as unlike Vita, 3DS doesn't have the same games as the home console.

Doesn't need the same games.

Playing SNES on the 3DS or Game Gear on the Wii U would be a lot of fun and actually make me feel like the Wii U is worth owning even more since there's extras for people that own both Wii U/3DS.
---
Even though I like the Wii U, I do not consider it a Nintendo system.
#28Demon_AckerPosted 8/24/2014 4:11:54 PM
CubeTV posted...
squatch22 posted...

Nintendo can't do much cross buy seeing as unlike Vita, 3DS doesn't have the same games as the home console.

Playing SNES on the 3DS or Game Gear on the Wii U would be a lot of fun and actually make me feel like the Wii U is worth owning even more since there's extras for people that own both Wii U/3DS.

Crossbuy should be a thing for the 3DS and Wii U, yeah.
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
#29yeti44Posted 8/24/2014 4:22:58 PM
Demon_Acker posted...
CubeTV posted...
squatch22 posted...

Crossbuy should be a thing for the 3DS and Wii U, yeah.

The thing is, 3DS and Wii U both have very unique hardware that excels at different things.

Not like Vita where it's basically just a watered down console experience.
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.