Tropical Freeze: Overrated?

#1SampsonMPosted 8/24/2014 12:55:35 PM
I'm a huge fan of platformers. Particularly multiplayer platformers. So I was really psyched to finally play this game.

But after beating the first two worlds, I'm not impressed. This game is really hard -- that doesn't bother me. Rayman Origins/Legends were both equally hard, and I beat both.

What does bother me is the lack of scaling for two player. The game does not seem like it was made for multiplayer, even though it has that option. Playing with a second person makes the game almost impossibly difficult because of bad level design (fall away platforms, etc.).

As a single player game, it's solid. But if you're going to allow a second person, build the levels properly.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 8/24/2014 12:57:29 PM
It didn't strike me as a very fun single player experience. It was a lot of things I had seen before. Prettier, to be sure, but nothing felt too original.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#3amadeofan1Posted 8/24/2014 12:57:30 PM
What bothered me about it was how slowly paced it is. I'm not saying a slower platformer can't work, but it's not my cup of tea. I got through about 4 worlds and just stopped.
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#4NeoBowserPosted 8/24/2014 12:59:19 PM
Underrated.
---
Birdo all the way
#5winston28singlePosted 8/24/2014 12:59:38 PM
None of you played enough to have a valid opinion.
#6amadeofan1Posted 8/24/2014 1:00:36 PM
winston28single posted...

So how long is enough?
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#7winston28singlePosted 8/24/2014 1:02:06 PM
amadeofan1 posted...

So how long is enough?

200% all puzzle pieces gold in all time trials
#8Rasputin77Posted 8/24/2014 1:06:15 PM
Yes, TC. Definitely overrated.

Wow... psychic, AND the arbiter of opinions. Hush.
---
"GameFAQs users who live with their parents = ~50%" Best POTD ever... explains so much.
Irony: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#9j_darrellPosted 8/24/2014 1:13:31 PM
Who overrated the 2-player mode? All the topics I've read about it here have been similar to the original post.
#10SnackasaurusPosted 8/24/2014 1:17:05 PM
There are millions and millions of people who play games. Someone's always gonna find something overrated.

I found it to be amazing. Brilliant music, memorable levels, great gameplay. One of my favorite platformers.