Will Wii U end with more games with online multiplayer than Dreamcast?

#1MourningReignsPosted 8/24/2014 1:28:17 PM
Will Wii U have more games with online multiplayer than Dreamcast? - Results (62 votes)
Yes
61.29% (38 votes)
No
38.71% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
At the end of its lifespan, Dreamcast had about 40 games with online multiplayer (ignoring games with "online content"). Will the Wii U pass that number?
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2BMK2010Posted 8/24/2014 2:04:29 PM
I'm suddenly gaining an interest in the Dreamcast, right now when I seen this thread. I wonder if the Dreamcast had a library of good games before it bit the dust?
#3BMK2010Posted 8/24/2014 2:06:03 PM
Well, from the looks of it, at least the Dreamcast had 3rd party support.
#4PhoenixBaggiPosted 8/24/2014 2:07:41 PM
I imagine the Wii U already has that many games with online support.
---
You see, Mister Gits, most people never have to face the fact that, the right time, the right place, they're capable of... anything.
#5MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 2:10:33 PM
PhoenixBaggi posted...
I imagine the Wii U already has that many games with online support.

There's around 20 Wii U games with online multiplayer
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#6MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 2:11:49 PM
BMK2010 posted...
I'm suddenly gaining an interest in the Dreamcast, right now when I seen this thread. I wonder if the Dreamcast had a library of good games before it bit the dust?

It had some good games, but also some really bad ones as well, most of the games that were really good can be found on other platforms now as ports.
---
#7MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 10:12:01 PM
Pretty split response
---
#8ShinChuckPosted 8/24/2014 10:16:25 PM
Yes. Will it pass it before the point at which the Dreamcast was discontinued? No.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#9xIvan321Posted 8/24/2014 11:09:58 PM
BMK2010 posted...

There were hardly bad games in the Dreamcast's library IMO. ( I really mean it, go figure.)
The Dreamcast had official developer support until 2005. (To this day there are people still making games and software for the system.) The final official game SEGA made before going completely 3rd party was a game in Japan only known as "SEGAGAGA" which parodies the gaming industry as a whole and makes fun of the SEGA's dumb business decisions. It's an JRPG/Life sim with a story plot that's is all about saving the Dreamcast, SEGA corporation and defeat the evil Sony corporation to take back their market share. As much as this sounds like I'm lying to you, I assure you that the game is 100% legit.

On the subject here you can still play online games with the Dreamcast if you have a dial up connection. (unless you can find the uber rare broadband adapter that connects to today's routers.) You can then join private servers for games like Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online, Unreal Tournament 2, etc. etc. The games I mention also can be played with Keyboard and Mouse setups.

SEGA was pretty much one of the first companies that experimented with DLC and online crossplay with PC users. That was one of the few things that made it ahead of its time.

Finally, to answer your question TC, NO, or at least I don't think so at the rate the Wii U is going.
---
Steam: xIvan321
#10CubeTVPosted 8/24/2014 11:18:58 PM
xIvan321 posted...
The final official game SEGA made before going completely 3rd party was a game in Japan only known as "SEGAGAGA" which parodies the gaming industry as a whole and makes fun of the SEGA's dumb business decisions. It's an JRPG/Life sim with a story plot that's is all about saving the Dreamcast, SEGA corporation and defeat the evil Sony corporation to take back their market share. As much as this sounds like I'm lying to you, I assure you that the game is 100% legit.

Sounds like fun. Is the system region free or like the GCN where you can get a legal region free app disc for it? or like the meh Wii U where it's not region free at all?
---
Even though I like the Wii U, I do not consider it a Nintendo system.