If Nintendo doesn't localize Fatal Frame V it just goes to show how out of touch

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If Nintendo doesn't localize Fatal Frame V it just goes to show how out of touch
1 year ago#31
it's them making a smart business maneuver by not localizing a game that won't even push 100k units over here.

Still, they're bastards if they ll make it JP-only. Yeah, they don't care about 20 or so people for which new FF will be the sole reason to finally get wiiU
1 year ago#32
If Nintendo don't even think it is worth localising a game, then who can blame third parties for not giving the WiiU much attention.
1 year ago#33
Transdude posted...
Galjen posted...
Baha05 posted...
neogeoftw posted...
Whether Nintendo thinks there is an audience or not, it makes sense to localize it to add more games to Wii u. It makes sense because Nintendo needs as many games out as possible.

It only makes sense to that degree, however localization trumps this aspect as just because you can localize a title does not mean it will sell.

See also: Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem gained it's Western popularity thanks to Marth and Roy's appearance in Melee.

And yet's FE's sales went downward with Ike's games almost killing the series.
1 year ago#34
Nintendo localizing FFV makes even less sense than Sega localizing Yakuza 5. They would never be able to recoup the localization costs. You clearly are out of touch with reality.
1 year ago#35
Lordrv posted...
Nintendo localizing FFV makes even less sense than Sega localizing Yakuza 5. They would never be able to recoup the localization costs. You clearly are out of touch with reality.

Granted yes there would be difficulty with localization costs but in all honesty they do need something to cover the horror side of the game library. Taking a loss in exchange for filling a slot in the genre could be worth it in the future.

Think of SEGA with Project Diva. That vocaloid game is beyond niche. However SEGA posted on their facebook page an image saying to like and share if they wanted project diva in the west. In 24 hours that was their most liked and shared piece of content on their facebook page of all time resulting in the localization of not 1 game but 2. Technically 4 if you consider both the vita version and PS3 versions of the two games were localized.
---
I want Fatal Frame V to release globally.
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
1 year ago#36
Nintendo have the perfect platform to make niche games accessible to the west on their e-shop, they dont need to do multi language voice acting, just do subtitles to minimise translation costs. They need to prove the point to third parties that their console is worth putting games on, at the moment they dont seem too convinced themselves.
1 year ago#37
I think Fatal Frame V would sell decently here because it's something different. It would bring some much needed variety to the Wii U's current library.

If they're going to do region specific stuff, they could at least stop region locking the console.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
1 year ago#38
DarkAdonis123 posted...

If they're going to do region specific stuff, they could at least stop region locking the console.

If there's a real reason to believe they are out of touch, it would actually be this.
**** region lock, and **** Nintendo for it.
---
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81BbnycLqRL._AA1500_.jpg
I want this. I want this so bad.
1 year ago#39
m0986-8 posted...
Think of SEGA with Project Diva.

>Using Sega.

Lol, Sega can't get 3D Sonic games to sell good.
1 year ago#40
Galjen posted...
m0986-8 posted...
Think of SEGA with Project Diva.

>Using Sega.

Lol, Sega can't get 3D Sonic games to sell good.

Does not make my point any less valid
---
I want Fatal Frame V to release globally.
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If Nintendo doesn't localize Fatal Frame V it just goes to show how out of touch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived