Zombi U sold great! (an alternate take)

#1Wii_TruthPosted 8/24/2014 7:20:51 PM
700,000 for a launch game with an install base well under 3 million? That's a wicked good attach rate there. 1/5 easy. Now imagine the game wasn't using a last-generation engine and Ubi put some serious effort into it. What do you imagine a mature title like this could sell on Wii U with a 10 million install base? I say 3 million easy!
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#2PS4WarriorPosted 8/24/2014 7:22:48 PM
Just because they make it doesn't mean people will buy it man.
#3Granadico_Posted 8/24/2014 7:30:33 PM
I feel there's too much focus on sales numbers rather than attach rate.
Like Mario Kart 8 looks like it sold terribly, but the attach rate was like 1 in 4 or sometihng wasn't it?
While Last of Us (sorry but first example came to mind, don't wanna start a s***storm) sold several million (like 6?) on PS3...but its install rate was like 70 million PS3 owners.
GTA V also did really well (stupidly well), but it was also on both consoles, which had probably around 150 million install rate.
I'm not trying to belittle the sales of any game, but i just feel attach rate is far more important than strict sales numbers
#4Sticky_TailsPosted 8/24/2014 7:35:46 PM
Attach rates mean very little.
#5Wii_Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 7:36:52 PM
Granadico_ posted...
I feel there's too much focus on sales numbers rather than attach rate.
Like Mario Kart 8 looks like it sold terribly, but the attach rate was like 1 in 4 or sometihng wasn't it?
While Last of Us (sorry but first example came to mind, don't wanna start a s***storm) sold several million (like 6?) on PS3...but its install rate was like 70 million PS3 owners.
GTA V also did really well (stupidly well), but it was also on both consoles, which had probably around 150 million install rate.
I'm not trying to belittle the sales of any game, but i just feel attach rate is far more important than strict sales numbers

attach rate for MK8 is actually >1/3, which is pretty freaking amazing as it closes in on 2.5 million sold. It will probably pass 3 million units sold after the holidays. The problem with only taking attach rate into account is that the developers don't see the compensation for a game that had a high attach rate, yet average sales. The Last of Us (goty) would have had a much higher attach rate if it released around the launch of the PS3. With 70 million PS3 consoles in the wild, gamers have many other options in terms of games.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!