So PSN and XBL are busy getting hacked/DDOS'd, is Nintendo next?

#1SaltyBotzPosted 8/24/2014 8:39:43 PM
Topic ^^
#2snake_5036Posted 8/24/2014 8:41:58 PM
nah
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#3DiscostewSMPosted 8/24/2014 9:06:10 PM
They could be, but based off people who hate Nintendo, they'd likely go with the idea that if Nintendo doesn't get hacked, it's not because of good network security, but because they think they weren't hacked in the first place.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4Numbuh100Posted 8/24/2014 9:11:23 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
They could be, but based off people who hate Nintendo, they'd likely go with the idea that if Nintendo doesn't get hacked, it's not because of good network security, but because they think they weren't hacked in the first place.

Perhaps Nintendo fan is hacking.
---
Bro, do you even smash?
#5DiscostewSMPosted 8/24/2014 9:17:01 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Perhaps Nintendo fan is hacking.

Or a disgruntled Sony/MS fan.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6VRX3000Posted 8/24/2014 9:33:44 PM
Well, Nintendo doesn't have my credit card number (I always decline the option to save it, and then reenter it every download) so I won't be hurt by a few days of down time.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#7Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/24/2014 9:36:31 PM
Honestly, just by looking at the Wii U eShop, I doubt hackers would get much out of hacking the Wii U, so they probably won't bother.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtEt0Cudt8
Screw PS4, XB1, and Wii U. Gamesphere is where it's at. Its spherical! SPHERICAL!!!
#8ThaxagoodnamePosted 8/24/2014 9:49:54 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Honestly, just by looking at the Wii U eShop, I doubt hackers would get much out of hacking the Wii U, so they probably won't bother.

Why do you assume he only means the Wii U? The 3DS uses NN and the install base is bigger than the PS4's.
---
#IFightForMyFriends
IGN: Bell FC: 0344-9828-2704
#9SychinLegacyPosted 8/25/2014 7:19:43 AM
They aren't getting hacked. DDOS attacks ate just clogging up serves basically. They have a program which tries to connect to the servers millions of times to basically force overload them and cause them to crash. No information is stolen and it's not really hacking. Anyone with the program can do it.

Just some lonely kid who probably has no real life friends trying to get attention. Shame he's gonna throw his life away cause the FBI is looking for him now that he called a bomb threat on a plane.
#10andrea987Posted 8/25/2014 9:25:21 AM
Glad I never bought anything on psn.
---
Keeping me young: Vic20, ZX Spectrum, C64, Amiga 600, Atari Lynx, PS1, PS2, PS3, Megadrive, Dreamcast, XBox, GB, GBA, DS, 3DS, SNES, GC, Wii, WiiU; thanks guys.