The maturity debate

#11Granadico_Posted 8/25/2014 8:26:23 AM
K-A got replaced by E for everyone. My Mario Kart 64 still has K-A rating.
#12Kosten_ReiPosted 8/25/2014 8:38:55 AM
Doesn't M mean "must have"?
---
2016 - Out with the zombies in with some HoRRoR
#13yeti44Posted 8/25/2014 8:42:52 AM
Kosten_Rei posted...
Doesn't M mean "must have"?

Lol yeah. Kind of like when they mandated "explicit lyrics" warnings for CDs, which resulted in those CDs actually selling more.

All thanks to white suburban teens and pre-teens trying to piss their parents off by listening to gangsta rap.

Sounds like pretty much the same mind set most of the dude bro audience has.
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#14Da_GeekPosted 8/25/2014 8:47:57 AM
I honestly don't think some of these M rated games deserve an M rating. I saw nothing in Assassins Creed 1, 2, Revelations or 3 that would warrant an M rating. (Didn't play Brotherhood.)
---
Infamous Second Son was TOO DANG SHORT!
#15MadDogV2Posted 8/25/2014 9:14:53 AM
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
-C.S. Lewis
---
PSN/Steam: MadDogV2
#16dunkisPosted 8/25/2014 9:24:25 AM
Everyone else pretty much nailed it on the head. Humans just want to feel superior to others and will invent ways to make someone else seem inferior even if it's completely asinine such as how someone has fun. Most reasonable people will mature to a point that they really just don't give a damn about others and are content with themselves.
---
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf
#17omescythePosted 8/25/2014 9:31:56 AM
look at GTA. its geared towards adults not kids. are there things for kids sure but its not the focus. just like with Nintendo games yes there are things for adults but that's not the focus its geared towards kids that what people mean. a window can be used like a door but just because it can doesn't make it a door.
#18mra823(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 9:33:12 AM
Wow really impressed with how people have been responding to this post. I thought for sure someone who hates nintendo would come by now and say something rude. Really good points all around though.
---
"If you're having a dark day, it's probably night"
~I'm not clever enough to come up with this, but I can't remember who did...