Why do nintendo fans advertise their games for them?

#11StickMen1090Posted 8/25/2014 3:32:05 PM
i just scroll through murderstorm topics to see if he actually posts more than once.. i guess trolls only post the OP and thats it
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
#12Flare7Posted 8/25/2014 3:34:00 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
i just scroll through murderstorm topics to see if he actually posts more than once.. i guess trolls only post the OP and thats it

He's the only one I can think of that never posts again, at least on the Wii U board. This will still get 100+ posts, though. They always do.
---
Currently playing: Uncharted 3
#13squatch22Posted 8/25/2014 3:37:51 PM
Is it because we aren't "Real hardcore gentlemen"?
#14king_maddenPosted 8/25/2014 3:48:07 PM
NintendoLover25 posted...
It's natural to want to tell people about something you look forward to or already like, it's called "word of mouth" advertising and it exists for any product or service you can think of.

Doesn't word of mouth really only work when you have been able to try the full game?
#15PS4WarriorPosted 8/25/2014 4:05:41 PM
Yeah, it is kind of funny that the marketing of a game seems to fall on the shoulders of Nintendos fans. You know your marketing team is bad when even your fans realize they need to market the game for you.
#16NintendoLover25Posted 8/25/2014 4:11:08 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
NintendoLover25 posted...
It's natural to want to tell people about something you look forward to or already like, it's called "word of mouth" advertising and it exists for any product or service you can think of.

Doesn't word of mouth really only work when you have been able to try the full game?

Maybe a poor choice of words on my part, but it's a similar idea. If I buy a game and like it, I will tell my friends about what I enjoyed and see if they want to check it out. If I see trailers for an upcoming game and think it looks nice, I will tell my friends about it and see what they think. My friends do the same to me, and we sometimes get each other interested in games we wouldn't normally care about.

It's not just the Nintendo games either, I do it for third party games I like too. I told others about Bravely Default when it was still yet to be released and they thought it looked cool so we all bought it, and it turned out to be great for all of us.
#17random_man9119Posted 8/25/2014 4:10:20 PM
FalxXD posted...
I want to know,

can you show me! I want to know about the strangers like me!

sorry, just watched Tarzan recently and couldn't resist >.>
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dragon Quest IX,ACIV: Black Flag,SCP: Containment Breach,Guacamelee!STCE,Fallout 3
#18amadeofan1Posted 8/25/2014 4:18:52 PM
StickMen1090 posted...

This guy is the only troll here I know of that generally leaves after the original post. Bongbuddy used to vanish but he's evolved into an active troll.

I personally think murderstorm is performing social experiments. How much discussion can you make with one negative statement
---
I got in trouble on Gamefaqs for the word "cracker". It was bad enough to put me on probation
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 8/25/2014 4:26:14 PM
PS4Warrior posted...
Yeah, it is kind of funny that the marketing of a game seems to fall on the shoulders of Nintendos fans. You know your marketing team is bad when even your fans realize they need to market the game for you.

If you didn't say "Nintendo" it would be hard to tell if you were talking about the WiiU or the Vita.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#20CubeTVPosted 8/25/2014 4:26:52 PM
I actually do anti-marketing for the Wii U. I'll tell them it's good n all like the gamepad is interesting since it turns the system into a laptop, the internet browser is the best I've seen on a game console and that the indie games on it are very fun but that it's not for everyone and I don't recommend it.

I'll tell them that it's not a Nintendo system since you can't even play 2 Players with the new controller (lack of 2P gamepad support), how if the Wii U was a Nintendo system they'd get the BC right (like the 3DS did) and that if the Wii U was a Nintendo system it would have more than Mario, Zelda, Pikmin (which the fans begged for) and Wii series games.

So yea. The Wii U is just meh. Some good, LOTS of bad.
---
Even though I like the Wii U, I do not consider it a Nintendo system.