Why do nintendo fans advertise their games for them?

#41Schwepps01Posted 8/25/2014 6:46:09 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Radar posted...
All fans advertise what they are fans of.

That's what being a fan means.

This.

Last I checked was being a fan was actually trying to enjoy what you like rather than try to force other people to like it via advertising. I think the latter is called slacktivism. Sounds like more Nintendo fans trying to justify their need to advertise Bayonetta 2 instead of Nintendo or Platinum spending a penny for their own game.
#42king_maddenPosted 8/25/2014 8:29:13 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Radar posted...

This.

Yea, no. That's not what being a fan means. Maybe you meant support.
#43squatch22Posted 8/25/2014 9:22:29 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Radar posted...

This.

Last I checked was being a fan was actually trying to enjoy what you like rather than try to force other people to like it via advertising. I think the latter is called slacktivism. Sounds like more Nintendo fans trying to justify their need to advertise Bayonetta 2 instead of Nintendo or Platinum spending a penny for their own game.

"Hey, look at this. U might like it" = forcing.
#44GI_TiPosted 8/25/2014 9:24:55 PM
What about the fans that buy $250 capture cards for their 3ds just so they can advertise for Nintendo For free.
#45GamerguymassPosted 8/25/2014 9:58:45 PM
I have to wonder if some of you grew up in a monastery based on these posts. We live in a consumer society. We have since the end of WWII. Products live or die by word of mouth. Every single product ever made has had people talking about it at one point or another. If people aren't talking about your product then you are doing it wrong.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#46Baha05Posted 8/25/2014 10:05:52 PM
Topic should have obviously ended at "Word of Mouth" It's just what a lot of people in gaming do is they spread the word to friends, family, co-workers, etc
#47wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/25/2014 10:12:12 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPHSgjXOn7Zv6eadxdVLqOgEzdpMSL-KsLz4yEkhj1kr5RLZM05A
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#48king_maddenPosted 8/25/2014 10:24:43 PM
Baha05 posted...
Topic should have obviously ended at "Word of Mouth" It's just what a lot of people in gaming do is they spread the word to friends, family, co-workers, etc

yes, but you dont normally get campaigns by fans to help generate sales. how many campaigns have you seen before for other games like this platinum thing?
#49Baha05Posted 8/25/2014 10:29:46 PM
king_madden posted...
yes, but you dont normally get campaigns by fans to help generate sales. how many campaigns have you seen before for other games like this platinum thing?

Indie titles? Though in the grand scheme of things does it matter? It's still word of mouth to an extent, it's just another form of hyping a game, A LOT of people do this to some degree.
#50king_maddenPosted 8/25/2014 10:54:30 PM
Baha05 posted...
king_madden posted...

Indie titles? Though in the grand scheme of things does it matter? It's still word of mouth to an extent, it's just another form of hyping a game, A LOT of people do this to some degree.

but again not to this extent. which is the whole point here. you rarely ever see that with any other company/dev. to be honest ive never seen it from an indie game either outside of a kickstarter. whether or not it matters isnt the point. this is a video game forum, its not like any thread here is of the utmost importance, its still a valid post that fans are doing this while nintendo continues to refuse to properly advertise games.