Why do nintendo fans advertise their games for them?

#71StarmanJunior64Posted 8/26/2014 5:27:46 AM
PS4Warrior posted...
GeorgeSearsR4S posted...
Ty

No problem, though i do have a feeling you're an alt of someone i blocked, have fun though :)

calling someone else an alt, despite the fact that you're obviously an alt of astralfrost
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Mega Man 3 (NES), and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
#72TpaulHPosted 8/26/2014 5:49:16 AM
Going door to door? Really dude?

If that's what you think Nintendo fans do (as a majority, I won't deny there's probably some very small fringe group that does lol) then you need help.

I don't "advertise" their games in the sense of making commercials or passing out fliers or something, but if I like a game, I tell people about it. Just social media, when it comes up in conversation, that kind of thing. I'm sure you do the same with any games you enjoy. You want to tell people about it.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1564-3493-9447 NNID = TpaulH
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mario Kart 8, Last Story
#73squatch22Posted 8/26/2014 5:52:01 AM
Friend "Hey. What's that you are playing? Is it good?"

Me "I can't tell you. Telling you is a form of desperate advertisement"
#74FalxXDPosted 8/26/2014 10:37:08 AM
I've noticed this a lot: one user says something that annoys another, and the offended user accuses the other of being someone's alt.

Is this really that big of a problem? Or are people just paranoid?
---
I was modded once for saying please understand, when I challenged it the mod said please understand.
#75Baha05Posted 8/26/2014 10:38:35 AM
FalxXD posted...
I've noticed this a lot: one user says something that annoys another, and the offended user accuses the other of being someone's alt.

Is this really that big of a problem? Or are people just paranoid?

It kind of is a problem, mostly with anyone that has PS4, Last of Us, or Pony in their user names. And we also have the Squatch parody accounts like Yeti.
#76FayeLadyPosted 8/26/2014 10:47:26 AM
Why do nintendo fans advertise their games for them?

Most of the time they do not.

We can see games move via word of mouth on other ecosystems, but for Nintendo a game has to hit mainstream before this happens.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#77sonic777Posted 8/26/2014 11:12:51 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
You're absolutely right. Everyone should be allowed to troll whatever forum they want.

Considering you based your entire perception of him loving Sony and hating Nintendo (I guess) on his username, maybe you should just stick to the Mortal Kombat forums?

I mean, if that's what we're basing our entire perception on, then why limit it to just PS4Warrior?
---
GameFAQs Moderators be like "We won't use moderation history against you, but we will TOTALLY use your moderation history against you."
#78Skill4ReelPosted 8/26/2014 11:14:19 AM
What I don't understand is why it takes a company like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, or even Nintendo sometimes to spend millions of dollars in advertising to get so called "gamers" who are supposed to be so hardcore about their hobby to pay attention to a video game, and possibly buy it. I really don't see how something like operation platinum is any better or worse than that.
#79FayeLadyPosted 8/26/2014 11:16:59 AM
Skill4Reel posted...
What I don't understand is why it takes a company like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, or even Nintendo sometimes to spend millions of dollars in advertising to get so called "gamers" who are supposed to be so hardcore about their hobby to pay attention to a video game, and possibly buy it. I really don't see how something like operation platinum is any better or worse than that.

Its no problem to get hardcore gamers to know about a game, but hardcore gamers are maybe 10% of Major games's userbase. The only exceptions tend to be stuff like Dark Souls.

Advertising has to happen to get the other 90% of sales.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#80PS4WarriorPosted 8/26/2014 11:30:41 AM
StarmanJunior64 posted...

calling someone else an alt, despite the fact that you're obviously an alt of astralfrost

I'm not, and you're trying way too hard.