What happened to the awesome link-up features Nintendo was doing?

#1Sega9599Posted 8/25/2014 3:23:03 PM
Why aren't Nintendo making the most of the wireless Link-Up opportunities that exist with the Wii U?

What I don't get is that back in the Gamecube days, Nintendo had plenty of 'link-up' ideas, such as Pac Man Vs, Four Sword Adventures, Final Fantasy: CC (albeit that got a half hearted sequel on the Wii but still) and yet now they have the perfect opportunity to allow linkup capacity with the Wii U using the Gamepad and the 3DS and they're not using it as much. Why is this?

Now don't just reply 'lol no1 used them b4' because they were costly and expensive to use before, never mind all the wires and such that really got in the way. For something like Four Swords, you'd need 4 GBA Sps, 4 GBA/GC cables, and a copy of the game and a gamecube.

Now at least you can use the Gamepad as an extra controller, and if someone else has a Wii U, you should be able to bring their Gamepad over and use it as well as any 3DS's you have around. Games like FF:CC could be really revamped this way!

I'm already annoyed there is no Tingle Tuner in WWHD.

I know not a lot of people care about this sort of thing, but me and my friends always used to link everything up despite the hassle, and we certainly made the most of this feature. Even in something like Pikmin 3 it could have been very useful. A proper 2 player mode with one person on the Gamepad would be much appreciated. Ditto in Animal Crossing. Ditto in Mario Kart 8.

Not every game needs a two player function, but there are a lot more than could benefit from it than the ones that currently do.

TL:DR. Bring Back Link-Up Nintendo.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#2PS4WarriorPosted 8/25/2014 3:24:41 PM
Nintendo not using a feature of their console? That's a surprise.
#3Sega9599(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 3:27:54 PM
PS4Warrior posted...

You're just trolling. Sure, they never used this in the past, or never ever used the second screen on the Ds, or never used the motion control on the Wii huh? I'm not saying they don't ever use any feature, and you should be intelligent enough not to try to attack Nintendo by making a inaccurate smarmy statement.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#4Thunderbird8Posted 8/25/2014 3:30:58 PM(edited)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl5HASABg

Sakurai posted this screen shot from the 3DS Smash about a month ago. Notice the Wii U button (though I don't think they've said anything about what it's for yet).

Also, WarioWare DIY had the ability to transfer microgames between the DS game and its WiiWare counterpart (which was necessary as only the DS game has the stuff required to make microgames).

I'd like to see a new Four Swords Adventures like game myself. I have the GC game, but only one GC-GBA link cable, so I can't do multiplayer with it.
#5Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/25/2014 3:29:15 PM
Amiibo will be linked to the 3DS
---
If history repeats itself I'm getting a dinosaur
#6PS4WarriorPosted 8/25/2014 3:29:37 PM
Sega9599 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

You're just trolling. Sure, they never used this in the past, or never ever used the second screen on the Ds, or never used the motion control on the Wii huh? I'm not saying they don't ever use any feature, and you should be intelligent enough not to try to attack Nintendo by making a inaccurate smarmy statement.

I never said they don't use any features either.
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 8/25/2014 3:44:18 PM(edited)
Luigi4President posted...
Amiibo will be linked to the 3DS

That's like switching between using Skylanders figures on PS3 and 360. Not the same thing.
#8SgtInfinityPosted 8/25/2014 6:56:02 PM
Sega9599 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

Nintendo TiiVii is still broken.
#9CubeTVPosted 8/25/2014 7:58:18 PM
SgtInfinity posted...
Sega9599 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

This. Plus there's still only one usable gamepad (the main controller for the system) when the system is 20 months old, There should be at least two by now. Instead, they're just making the Wii U even more confusing by allowing GCN controller support.

Hopefully there will be two by next year and maybe a 3DS Player.
---
Even though I like the Wii U, I do not consider it a Nintendo system.
#10SgtInfinityPosted 8/26/2014 3:01:14 PM
CubeTV posted...
SgtInfinity posted...
Sega9599 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

This. Plus there's still only one usable gamepad (the main controller for the system) when the system is 20 months old, There should be at least two by now. Instead, they're just making the Wii U even more confusing by allowing GCN controller support.

Hopefully there will be two by next year and maybe a 3DS Player.

There are literally too many ways to play the wii u. Honestly I think thats part of the problem. It's much easier coding for one controller rather then 5.