If Nintendo released a new console next week, would you buy it?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 8/26/2014 3:45:16 AM
New Nintendo console next week. Buy? - Results (123 votes)
Yes
13.82% (17 votes)
No
61.79% (76 votes)
Maybe
24.39% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For the sake of the scenario let's just assume it's actually good. Really good.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2theFAKEsheridanPosted 8/26/2014 3:45:54 AM
Eventually.
---
"Sure pal, sure"-Ajax.
#3monkeyspoonPosted 8/26/2014 3:56:15 AM
No. Both the 3DS and wiiu launches have taught me not to bother getting Nintendo systems at launch unless they have a decent games library. Otherwise you get stuck with Mario games with distant release dates.
#4TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 3:58:48 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
No. Both the 3DS and wiiu launches have taught me not to bother getting Nintendo systems at launch unless they have a decent games library. Otherwise you get stuck with Mario games with distant release dates.

What, one generic Mario game isn't enough reason to make you spend hundreds on a system? You must be a Sony pony!
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#5Rennik RepotsirPosted 8/26/2014 4:38:48 AM
monkeyspoon posted...

That can be said for all systems. There's no reason to purchase a system with games I don't like so I can play a game or two in the future...

WiiU? Bayonetta2 & ZeldaU (extras: MKart, W101, SM3DW)
PS4? Bloodborne (extras: The Evil Within, no... PS3... Hmm...)
XB1? Rise of the Tomb Raider.... no... wait... 360 (if it still works)...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
Nothing personal... I'm just bored...
#6jsb0714Posted 8/26/2014 4:47:36 AM
I won't buy any system on its launch day.
---
*rolls eyes*
#7STN79Posted 8/26/2014 4:51:16 AM
Only fools buy a system at launch. Honestly that should apply for all products. Not just game systems. Unless you are patient and willing to accept the waiting period for all new products to prove a success or failure you shouldn't buy things on day one.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#8mashuPosted 8/26/2014 5:02:30 AM
Eventually, but it comes down to the same thing as for the Wii U currently: games, announcements. I'd need to know what they are, when they are coming and see which and how many I am interested in.
#9monkeyspoonPosted 8/26/2014 5:10:04 AM
Rennik Repotsir posted...
monkeyspoon posted...

That can be said for all systems. There's no reason to purchase a system with games I don't like so I can play a game or two in the future...

WiiU? Bayonetta2 & ZeldaU (extras: MKart, W101, SM3DW)
PS4? Bloodborne (extras: The Evil Within, no... PS3... Hmm...)
XB1? Rise of the Tomb Raider.... no... wait... 360 (if it still works)...

Although the 3DS and wiiu were the only 2 recent systems for me that I bought even though I wasn't that interested in any of the launch games lineup. The PS4, PS3, wii, 360 and even vita had games I wanted at launch.
#10Pharsti01Posted 8/26/2014 5:13:52 AM
Not on launch no.

Id get it eventually, maybe 5 or so years later.