If Nintendo released a new console next week, would you buy it?

#11ZayziePosted 8/26/2014 5:16:44 AM
STN79 posted...
Only fools buy a system at launch. Honestly that should apply for all products. Not just game systems. Unless you are patient and willing to accept the waiting period for all new products to prove a success or failure you shouldn't buy things on day one.

So if I'm patient I should buy on day one??
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#12TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:21:22 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Rennik Repotsir posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
No. Both the 3DS and wiiu launches have taught me not to bother getting Nintendo systems at launch unless they have a decent games library. Otherwise you get stuck with Mario games with distant release dates.

That can be said for all systems. There's no reason to purchase a system with games I don't like so I can play a game or two in the future...

WiiU? Bayonetta2 & ZeldaU (extras: MKart, W101, SM3DW)
PS4? Bloodborne (extras: The Evil Within, no... PS3... Hmm...)
XB1? Rise of the Tomb Raider.... no... wait... 360 (if it still works)...

Although the 3DS and wiiu were the only 2 recent systems for me that I bought even though I wasn't that interested in any of the launch games lineup. The PS4, PS3, wii, 360 and even vita had games I wanted at launch.

Didn't Nintendo specifically say they had learned their lesson about poor launch titles with 3DS? Then again, they said they learned their lesson about 3rd parties back with GameCube. Nintendo loves lying to people.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#13JobocanPosted 8/26/2014 5:23:32 AM
Depends what the games are, because that's what makes a console good.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#14Baha05Posted 8/26/2014 5:28:25 AM
No, unless we are talking a redesign like the 360 Slim or something, no way they will be able to release a brand new system in that short of a time and have it not suck
#15TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:32:13 AM
Baha05 posted...
No, unless we are talking a redesign like the 360 Slim or something, no way they will be able to release a brand new system in that short of a time and have it not suck

Well, if they were secretly developing it since 2006 or something... maybe Wii U was just an elaborate joke to test brand loyalty and how many casuals they had lost.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#16Baha05Posted 8/26/2014 5:33:42 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Well, if they were secretly developing it since 2006 or something... maybe Wii U was just an elaborate joke to test brand loyalty and how many casuals they had lost.

Nope, that sounds insanely idiotic.
#17TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:37:15 AM
Baha05 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

Nope, that sounds insanely idiotic.

This is Nintendo, we're talking about. The company responsible for the Wii U.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#18GeorgeSearsR4SPosted 8/26/2014 5:38:47 AM
No but I never buy consoles at launch or it has to have a game. That I know I will invest lots of hours into....
#19Baha05Posted 8/26/2014 5:38:53 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
This is Nintendo, we're talking about. The company responsible for the Wii U.

And yet the Wii U isn't a bad idea. You can argue bad choices were made but overall the system itself is not bad. You could argue that with well any company really in this industry by that logic.
#20FayeLadyPosted 8/26/2014 5:39:37 AM
Not right away, it would need to prove itself first. I'm pretty much done buying Nintendo platforms early until they get the shortages taken care of.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.