I think WiiU will get more third party support by next year

#1andizzle29662Posted 8/26/2014 3:49:17 PM
With the WiiU have two killer apps out now( Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8) and one more this fall in Smash, WiiU could very well be sitting at the 10 million mark by January. I still think WiiU will be in second place, and with Amiibo, Smash, and a suspected holiday price cut, WiiU will be more attractive to third parties. I think WiiU can get next years Madden, Call of Duty, and more if the install base keeps growing like it is now.
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros WiiU/3DS, Freedom Wars, NBA 2K15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Professor Layton vs AT
#2andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 3:50:02 PM
* having*.
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros WiiU/3DS, Freedom Wars, NBA 2K15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Professor Layton vs AT
#3deathwave21Posted 8/26/2014 3:55:05 PM
Why would Nintendo want to waste money on crappy third party ports when they can just pocket all the money for themselves?
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#4vattodevPosted 8/26/2014 3:57:02 PM
Probably. By this time last year the Wii U was a dieing console. Now it's being resurrected. This is a much more profitable scenario than it was. If we take into account that many of these Wii U versions were probably canceled last year, next year should have a few releases. Nothing big, but still some.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#5FayeLadyPosted 8/26/2014 3:59:05 PM
I think you're off by a year. If the system takes off this holiday it will still take a decent game 18 months to be developed.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6AstralFrostPosted 8/26/2014 4:08:55 PM(edited)
Lets have a look at this:
- Wii U sales 7m as at end of August
- It therefore needs to sell 3m in 4 months
- Wii U sold 2m in 2012 (at launch)
- Wii U sold 3m in 2013
- Wii U sold 1.5m so far in 2014
- Start September 2013 - end December 2013 Wii U sold 2m

Wii U is currently tracking at under 60k per week, to reach your target it needs almost 200k per week.

Oh and there are very few Wii U games coming between now and the end of the year whereas other consoles are getting quite a number of system sellers.

Please explain how Wii U is going to sell more than all of 2013's sales in 4 months and 1.5 times what it sold last year in the same time frame.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7lifelackPosted 8/26/2014 4:07:35 PM
lol
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 8/26/2014 4:16:06 PM
AstralFrost posted...
- Wii U sold 3m in 2013

Wii U is currently tracking at under 60k per week, to reach your target it needs almost 200k per week.

Oh and there are very few Wii U games coming between now and the end of the year whereas other consoles are getting quite a number of system sellers.

Please explain how Wii U is going to sell more than all of 2013's sales in 4 months and 1.5 times what it sold last year in the same time frame.

The other consoles are getting games, yes. "System sellers" is laughable at best.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9FayeLadyPosted 8/26/2014 4:25:03 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
AstralFrost posted...
- Wii U sold 3m in 2013

The other consoles are getting games, yes. "System sellers" is laughable at best.

Yeah, the selling power of Halo, COD, GTA and Destiny is pretty laughable. I'm sure that line up sees the PS4 sell at least another 5 million this year, and at least 60% of that for the One
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 8/26/2014 4:33:23 PM
FayeLady posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
AstralFrost posted...
- Wii U sold 3m in 2013

Yeah, the selling power of Halo, COD, GTA and Destiny is pretty laughable. I'm sure that line up sees the PS4 sell at least another 5 million this year, and at least 60% of that for the One

Halo- a collection of 360 games
GTA- port of a PS3 and 360 game, also PC
COD- also on PS3 and 360, also PC
Destiny- on PS3 and 360 as well, also PC

If those are your system sellers I feel bad for PS4 and One owners. At least Infamous Second Son was actually exclusive to PS4, even if it wasn't as good as everyone wanted. On the other hand, what does Nintendo have/have coming?

NSMBU + NSLU- WiiU exclusive
3D World- WiiU exclusive
W101- WiiU exclusive
Sonic Lost World- WiiU exclusive
DKCTF- WiiU exclusive
MK8- WiiU exclusive
HW- WiiU exclusive
Zelda U- WiiU exclusive
SSB4- WiiU exclusive
Bayonetta 2- WiiU exclusive
Sonic Boom- WiiU exclusive
SMTxFE- WiiU exclusive
Star Fox- WiiU exclusive
XCX- WiiU exclusive

And I'm actually probably forgetting a few key titles that are out or coming.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile