Super Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, Yay or Nay?

#1DerekRossPosted 8/27/2014 10:59:00 AM
Super Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, Yay or Nay? - Results (62 votes)
Yay
46.77% (29 votes)
Nay
40.32% (25 votes)
Yes, but alongside Mario Kart and not replace
12.9% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's be honest, Mario Kart is running low on ideas. Baby version of base characters?! I think this open a lot of doors to a better cast of characters, better soundtrack and more unique stages. Also not everyone love mario. A kart game that allow me to race with Samus would be amazing!
#2vermilion99Posted 8/27/2014 11:00:40 AM
Why would anyone be against other Nintendo characters in Mario Kart? Does it seriously upset anyone?
#3TerotrousPosted 8/27/2014 11:01:11 AM
The greatest of nays.

If it must exist, develop it as a separate and different type of racer alongside MK. I would be willing to have them re-purpose Excitebike, Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding's mechanics for a new Nintendo characters racer.
---
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/
My novel, now fully published online!
#4coreekymonPosted 8/27/2014 11:01:45 AM
Since I'm not a huge Mario fan sure, I'll probably be playing Link almost exclusively now as it is.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/coreekymon
3DS FC: 3695-0124-0339
#5LightningRudHanPosted 8/27/2014 11:01:50 AM
Nope. Smash is already bad enough.
#6DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 11:03:27 AM
LightningRudHan posted...
Nope. Smash is already bad enough.

SSB is a one of a kind game.
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 8/27/2014 11:05:04 AM
Considering how borked the Mario Kart 8 roster is with far too many Baby Characters and Metal Clones, this is a good thing for me, as those will be the first characters to get the axe in the future.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 72, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8NintendoLover25Posted 8/27/2014 11:09:19 AM
I prefer the other series to just be these add-on DLC things than the game be focused on that. I like the idea of minor characters and random enemies from Mario getting to be playable in something. Shy Guy for example, would never pass in a roster trying to represent all of Nintendo.
#9OMEGA RUGALPosted 8/27/2014 11:10:55 AM
vermilion99 posted...
Why would anyone be against other Nintendo characters in Mario Kart? Does it seriously upset anyone?

Not against the idea of more characters from other series ... but I am against the name change.

The "Mario Kart" brand is bigger than Smash Bros. There is no need to change the name.
---
PSN & Live & NNID: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once
#10DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 11:11:47 AM
NintendoLover25 posted...
I prefer the other series to just be these add-on DLC things than the game be focused on that. I like the idea of minor characters and random enemies from Mario getting to be playable in something. Shy Guy for example, would never pass in a roster trying to represent all of Nintendo.

For a game where everyone is unique like smash bros may be a problem but kart racing is different. They might be able to squeeze in 100+ characters easily if they wanted to.