Will Nintendo introduce a subscription based version of Nintendo Network?

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 8/27/2014 2:58:46 PM
Xbox Live and PlayStation Network have Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus. Both offer free games, discounts, and online play (for the Xbox systems and PS4 at least, Vita, PSP and PS3 are free) to all subscribers. I'm wonder when or if Nintendo will offer a similar service? A subscriber based version of Nintendo Network that offers free games and discounts on the eShop for the 3DS and Wii U. The closest they have right now is the free games on Club Nintendo though.
#2OMEGA RUGALPosted 8/27/2014 3:00:14 PM
Yes for sure.
---
PSN & Live & NNID: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once
#3R_HunterPosted 8/27/2014 3:28:39 PM
I personally hope not, though if they do, I can just not subscribe.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#4Wii_TruthPosted 8/27/2014 3:35:01 PM(edited)
I'm only in favor of this if it is done in a way that doesn't suck. I'd pay $50 a year for dedicated servers, monthly eShop games and necessary added features to the online. And of course it must be optional, and this service will just offer a fleshy online service. Free online is one thing Wii U has going for it.
---
If I gave you Wii Truth would it keep you alive? Though i'm closer to troll, i'm not further from right. Deprived of my 3rd Party...this all belongs to Wii!!!
#5FeiBenaresPosted 8/27/2014 7:12:59 PM
yup
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#6Granadico_Posted 8/27/2014 7:16:57 PM
Personally i dont want them to
But if they do, it'd either have to be ultra cheap, or they'd need a hell of a lot more content available and produced.
#7QueskerPosted 8/27/2014 8:32:12 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
I'm only in favor of this if it is done in a way that doesn't suck. I'd pay $50 a year for dedicated servers, monthly eShop games and necessary added features to the online. And of course it must be optional, and this service will just offer a fleshy online service. Free online is one thing Wii U has going for it.

Basically this. PS+ on PS3 (and I guess Vita, need to check) is probably the best method to study from.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#8xavierakanePosted 8/27/2014 8:38:35 PM
If it is like PS+ and works for both Wii U and 3DS, I would pay for it. Maybe once and a while they throw in free games you would've otherwise never played. It will also open up people to past games and that would be sweet for them.
---
NNID: xavierfranco
Link is a boy. - Biggest Shock to the World 2014
#9GI_TiPosted 8/27/2014 9:06:37 PM
Why would I want to pay for online access?
#10PhoenixRushPosted 8/27/2014 10:49:24 PM
Jesus I hope not. They're the only ones left besides PC.