Will Nintendo introduce a subscription based version of Nintendo Network?

#11TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 9:56:31 PM
PhoenixRush posted...
Jesus I hope not. They're the only ones left besides PC.

They don't have to charge for Multiplayer though, as they can just do what Sony does with the PS3/PSP/PS Vita. Have all your standard bells and whistles like Online Play free, but throw in money saving bonuses like free games and discounts to those who subscribe.
#12GuyFawkes5Posted 8/27/2014 9:57:41 PM
R_Hunter posted...
I personally hope not, though if they do, I can just not subscribe.

this. I've never paid for online console service, an will not ever.
---
Seek The Fire
#13Pac12345Posted 8/27/2014 10:06:08 PM
The one of the reasons as to why I am sticking with Wii U only for this gen is free online. It' s just something I am completely against. Seriously, I cannot stand the concept of paying for access to a service that should be free in the first place. Free games, dedicated servers, or access to stuff others don't have access to is just one way to mask the fact that these companies charge for a service that should be free.

And no, I am not insulting people who do pay for this kind of services, I am just expressing my own personal opinions.
#14kdognumba1Posted 8/27/2014 10:31:20 PM(edited)
Personally, I find the forced paid services to be a rip off. I'd much prefer the valve approach with free online with all the bells buttons and whistles and incredibly good deals driving revenue.

As of right now, due to the CN awards, digital deluxe program, regular deals on 3ds and WiiU, good retail deals, and special eShop deals (30 cent VC games on WiiU, Mario Kart 8 free game, FE:A+SMT4 $30 eShop credit, free Wii Fit U with pedometer purchace, etc), I've collected a ton of games on the cheap and even free on Nintendo's systems. For people who actually take advantage of what Nintendo offers, they can easilly collect a comparable number of games as people who take advantage of other companies services.

This isn't to say that I think everything's perfect with Nintendo or their online either.... however free I'd prefer free online to paid online.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#15PS4WarriorPosted 8/27/2014 10:30:02 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
I'm only in favor of this if it is done in a way that doesn't suck. I'd pay $50 a year for dedicated servers, monthly eShop games and necessary added features to the online. And of course it must be optional, and this service will just offer a fleshy online service. Free online is one thing Wii U has going for it.

So pretty much you want Nintendo to make a Nintendo Premium service? Not sure if they would do that since they would probably feel like it would alienate people that feel like they're getting worse service because they don't pay money.
#16IzanagiBlastPosted 8/27/2014 11:34:22 PM
I don't know if we will have to pay but Nintendo already said they were going to implement unified accounts in the next systems ( a la PSN/XboxLive).
---
NNID & PSN: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#17TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 11:38:30 PM
IzanagiBlast posted...
I don't know if we will have to pay but Nintendo already said they were going to implement unified accounts in the next systems ( a la PSN/XboxLive).

I'd say they kind of did that not too long ago. The eShop and Miiverse on the 3DS and Wii U are linked, and you Nintendo Network ID is now implemented on fhe 3DS. Its not perfect, but its a step in the right direction.
#18DiscostewSMPosted 8/27/2014 11:42:05 PM
Nintendo would need to have a lot more content to be able to warrant having such a service.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#19-StarCraftPosted 8/27/2014 11:46:36 PM(edited)
PhoenixRush posted...
Jesus I hope not. They're the only ones left besides PC.

---
3DS FC: 2595-1380-9970
Ign: GHOST
#20IzanagiBlastPosted 8/27/2014 11:52:20 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
IzanagiBlast posted...

I'd say they kind of did that not too long ago. The eShop and Miiverse on the 3DS and Wii U are linked, and you Nintendo Network ID is now implemented on fhe 3DS. Its not perfect, but its a step in the right direction.

Yup that was the first step, but the next one will allow to download your account in any console, downloads will be tied to account instead of to the console, once you buy a game you will never have to buy it again (or so they say lol[ they mean all games will work on future consoles]). Anyway we are still 3-5 years away from that.
---
NNID & PSN: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930