You know, Nintendo probably made millions of dollars yesterday....

#51supermegabloxPosted 8/28/2014 8:43:41 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
supermegablox posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
Well when you have people defending Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach as great new characters instead of reskins, then you can't really be surprised.

People are defending them? Really? I bought the dlc, but I do NOT think we needed a 4th version of Mario and Peach. I guess some people will eat up anything.

fourth? theres only one version in mk8 though

Mario, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, Tanooki Mario

Peach, Baby Peach, Pink/Gold Peach, Cat Peach

So yeah, 4.

didnt think of baby mario, but i dont think metal mario is in mario kart 8 yet. i could be wrong though as i havent played mk8 in a long time.
more alternate costumes is always fine by me as long as they are adding stuff besides just alternate costumes.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#52CoolioKDudePosted 8/28/2014 8:45:36 AM
PS4Warrior posted...
Well when you have people defending Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach as great new characters instead of reskins, then you can't really be surprised.

Capcom Sells character colors for their games = CRAPCOM!!

Nintendo does it and their great..

the difference is the colors were a bonus we didn't even pay for, they were simply an added incentive, also, do you want to compare some prices that capcom has put up against the price of this DLC?
---
"They're all idiots, I'm not even sure any of them have brains." Hades on GameFAQs.
#53n00bsaib0tPosted 8/28/2014 8:56:07 AM
supermegablox posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
supermegablox posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

People are defending them? Really? I bought the dlc, but I do NOT think we needed a 4th version of Mario and Peach. I guess some people will eat up anything.

fourth? theres only one version in mk8 though

Mario, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, Tanooki Mario

Peach, Baby Peach, Pink/Gold Peach, Cat Peach

So yeah, 4.

didnt think of baby mario, but i dont think metal mario is in mario kart 8 yet. i could be wrong though as i havent played mk8 in a long time.
more alternate costumes is always fine by me as long as they are adding stuff besides just alternate costumes.

Yeah Metal Mario and a metal Peach called Pink/Gold Peach are both in the on disc roster as unlockables.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#54DiscostewSMPosted 8/28/2014 9:00:41 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

I'm still wondering who he's referring to about defending them. He did call me one of them even though I never said it, but only on the basis of calling him out on complaining for the sake of complaining.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#55TerotrousPosted 8/28/2014 9:03:10 AM

And without even doing any work!

I still can't believe people are willing to pay for this stuff a year in advance before they even have any idea what it's going to be or how you'll be able to use it.
---
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/
My novel, now fully published online!
#56DeathSoul2000Posted 8/28/2014 9:03:34 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
PS4Warrior posted...

I'm still wondering who he's referring to about defending them. He did call me one of them even though I never said it, but only on the basis of calling him out on complaining for the sake of complaining.

He's just saying people did when he can't name anyone who did simply to justify his trolling.
#57n00bsaib0tPosted 8/28/2014 9:15:42 AM
Terotrous posted...

And without even doing any work!

I still can't believe people are willing to pay for this stuff a year in advance before they even have any idea what it's going to be or how you'll be able to use it.

It's 16 courses, 6 characters and 8 cars. We know who the characters are. We know exactly how we use all of these things because Mario Kart isn't exactly a new concept.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#58TerotrousPosted 8/28/2014 9:17:01 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
It's 16 courses, 6 characters and 8 cars. We know who the characters are. We know exactly how we use all of these things because Mario Kart isn't exactly a new concept.

We have no idea whether or not you'll be able to race the new courses on random Wifi. In Mario Golf World Tour, the DLC courses can't be played online except through private matches, which makes them basically valueless.
---
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/
My novel, now fully published online!
#59TeremeiPosted 8/28/2014 9:22:37 AM
I think most people pre-ordered for the fact they are exciting about having 16 brand new courses to race on and they wanted to reward Nintendo for great DLC.
---
B2 FC: 3268 4276 3305
#60MeepleLardiclePosted 8/28/2014 10:57:45 AM(edited)
I'll just chime in and say Street Fighter 4 was appropriately handled.

Yearly updates except for Ultra which came 2 years after AE2012, and the updates were significant and reasonably priced. Plus, these are updates people wanted, and heck, AE2012 was even a free update.

I've seen people whine about AE2012 being "less than a year update from AE!" but AE2012 is a free update that required AE anyway, so you're not getting screwed at all. It was a paid version you may have a point, but I digress.

If yearly updates are such a bad thing, ones that are reasonably priced at that, where does that put games like WoW which get updated all the damn time and are still played? These updates keep Street Fighter fresh, and as was noted, it's the kind of things fans actually wanted.

EDIT: I will say though that Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario are a huge eye roll situation. Why they couldn't put in characters people were asking for like Bowser Jr. (for all that I don't care about him), or Diddy Kong is beyond me.

Animal Crossing characters and Link are a pleasant surprise, even if I don't care about them too much, it is the kind of surprises that are nice to see and a cool novelty. Also, the kind of characters you expect to be DLC. Dry Bowser...well, I can't realistically argue with MORE BOWSER <_<
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!