Who at Nintendo thought another Star Fox game is a good idea?

#11Mandrew257Posted 8/28/2014 11:56:12 PM
I'd rather have it play like Kid Icarus Uprising personally.
---
"Christ was born on Christmas Day, and the Xbox One becoming #1 in worldwide sales will just be as equally meaningful" - Chevelle
PSN/NNID:Mandrew257
#12Lemon_MasterPosted 8/29/2014 12:00:26 AM
Galjen posted...
Star Fox Adventures killed its franchise with special thanks to Miyamoto. It and every non-remake game after it flopped. The series is down there with Sonic the Hedgehog (washed up furry series).

Sonic sells well and is popular.
#13Galjen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 12:06:48 AM
Lemon_Master posted...
Galjen posted...
Star Fox Adventures killed its franchise with special thanks to Miyamoto. It and every non-remake game after it flopped. The series is down there with Sonic the Hedgehog (washed up furry series).

Sure man. That's why Sonic Generations (a game whose shtick was "REMEMBER WHEN SONIC WASN'T WASHED UP??!!") sold 3 million copies by the time of April 30, 2014.
#14noutBrPosted 8/29/2014 12:22:58 AM
anthony2690 posted...
I thought star Fox adventures on GameCube was amazing....

It's not really a bad game, it's quite enjoyable despite being a bit boring and bland in some areas.

The main issue some have with the game is the fact that it was supposed to be a new Rare IP called Dinosaur Planet. Rare already came up with alternatives for Mario (B-K) and Mario Kart (DKR), Dinosaur Planet was their take on a Zelda-esque adventure. That was until Miyamoto came up with the <sarcasm>brilliant</sarcasm> idea of turning it into a Star Fox game. I respect the man and love most of his work but as a Star Fox and Rare fan even back then I thought this was a very bad decision.

It's not a Star Fox game (and it's not even a good game) so I'm getting a bit tired of seeing SFA in topics where Star Fox fans are asking for a real new Star Fox game.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#15GencoilPosted 8/29/2014 12:26:44 AM
The lesson to be learned here is - if you fail at something, never try again. Just give up forever.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#16Wii_TruthPosted 8/29/2014 12:40:20 AM
Rare made adventures, and Namco? (I think) made assault. Fear not, Nintendo is back at the steering wheel now.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#17Punda_PrimePosted 8/29/2014 12:49:55 AM
just as long as they have online multiplayer. . .
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
Wii u NNID: KgbDuck
#18Wii_TruthPosted 8/29/2014 12:57:51 AM
Punda_Prime posted...

yeah, dogfights are a must. I would also like on-foot stuff like in Assault, but done better.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#19GencoilPosted 8/29/2014 1:05:23 AM(edited)
Wii_Truth posted...
Punda_Prime posted...

yeah, dogfights are a must. I would also like on-foot stuff like in Assault, but done better.

What they should do is something like Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. In that game you had to travel to each planet manually with your ship, which led to a perfect mix of space and ground combat. Of course, Star Fox would need to have slightly more space combat in order to stay true to its shoot em up roots.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#20Big_IsaacPosted 8/29/2014 1:39:22 AM
Galjen posted...
Lemon_Master posted...
Galjen posted...

Sure man. That's why Sonic Generations (a game whose shtick was "REMEMBER WHEN SONIC WASN'T WASHED UP??!!") sold 3 million copies by the time of April 30, 2014.

People saying games failed when they sold multiple million copies always makes me laugh
---
3DS FC: 0817-3784-2273
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein