Nintendo confusing the average consumer isn't helping them.

#11muffinmasherPosted 8/29/2014 9:11:37 PM
Starwars4J posted...
It's called the "NEW" 3DS. There's no confusion there. A parent goes to buy something for their kid, asks for the new 3DS...they get the New 3DS. Pretty simple really.

There is absolutely confusion here.

When a parent asks for a "New 3ds" they could now either be referring to the actual "New 3ds" hardware upgrade, or they could simply be trying to ask for an unused 3ds.

Additionally, people will be trying to buy "Used New 3ds" and "New old 3ds".

The name confusion is going to hit critical mass here, I don't know why they keep making these stupid blunders.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#12Golden MavenPosted 8/29/2014 9:34:02 PM
gldoorii posted...
I can't tell you how many times I've heard employees at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop give false information regarding products and had to step in to explain it better or correctly.

So you were just browsing and decided to interject?
#13HandshakeGuyPosted 8/29/2014 11:13:59 PM
Golden Maven posted...
gldoorii posted...
I can't tell you how many times I've heard employees at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop give false information regarding products and had to step in to explain it better or correctly.

So you were just browsing and decided to interject?

As long as it isn't done rudely, that's a pretty nice thing for them to do. Some people take offense to it depending on the situation, but as an example I hear some people struggle telling others directions at my campus, and I interject to help them out.

Never a bad thing to help your fellow (wo)man.
---
Pokemon Friend Safari - IGN: Percy | FC: 3754-7694-7724
Poison: Gloom, Ariados, Muk - Will add anyone!
#14Breastmilkn_DipPosted 8/30/2014 1:06:42 AM
vermilion99 posted...
How many iterations of the DS, 3DS, and 2DS do we have now? Look at the confusion they cause with the WiiU. Gamepad is mandatory but then you have 15 controllers to choose from. The hardcore might like options, but it confuses the average consumer.

I thought the GBA era was bad but the whole DS brand has been handled worse and gonna end up costing them. They aren't doing anything but causing even more confusion. The Wii was the same way. It was bad enough with the peripherals, and now the WiiU has 900 controller options with commercials showing people using Wiimotes and they wonder why there was and is so much confusion with it.

I agree!!!! It's a ******* outrage!! We're with you, TC!!! Whatever punitive measures you think are appropriate to take, we'll back you all the way!! 100%!!! Right 'til the bitter end!!

---
"One game has the power to change everything" Iwata 30/10/13
"It is difficult to change our prospects with just one title" Iwata 31/10/13
#15PS4WarriorPosted 8/30/2014 1:08:13 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty dumb name. Poor Nintendo can't seem to get naming their new things down.
#16terranigma73Posted 8/30/2014 1:32:32 AM
vermilion99 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
It's called the "NEW" 3DS. There's no confusion there. A parent goes to buy something for their kid, asks for the new 3DS...they get the New 3DS. Pretty simple really.

I'm amazed how people defend anything. If you can't see how the 3DS line in particular has been confusing and will be even more so now, then my guess would be you came up with the idea.

I'm amazed how people attack everything Nintendo does. Trying so so hard to push the consumer confusion narrative again.
#17X_Ste_90_XPosted 8/30/2014 6:37:50 AM
terranigma73 posted...
vermilion99 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

I'm amazed how people defend anything. If you can't see how the 3DS line in particular has been confusing and will be even more so now, then my guess would be you came up with the idea.

I'm amazed how people attack everything Nintendo does. Trying so so hard to push the consumer confusion narrative again.

Who's attacking everything? Stupidity deserves pointing out, especially from big companies like this. It's a poor idea, poorly executed, end of.
---
Currently Playing- Diablo 3- PS4, Assassins Creed 4- PS4, Forza 5- X1.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, GTA 5- PS4, Forza Horizon 2- X1, Smash Brothers-Wii U.
#18gotsporkPosted 8/30/2014 6:47:46 AM
I love nintendo

I still think that there is massive consumer confusion.

it isn't because I hate nintendo
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#19SetzeraPosted 8/30/2014 7:15:47 AM
muffinmasher posted...
There is absolutely confusion here.

When a parent asks for a "New 3ds" they could now either be referring to the actual "New 3ds" hardware upgrade, or they could simply be trying to ask for an unused 3ds.

Additionally, people will be trying to buy "Used New 3ds" and "New old 3ds".

The name confusion is going to hit critical mass here, I don't know why they keep making these stupid blunders.

This, so much this.

I didn't think it was possible that they could out-do the confusion of Wii and Wii U to the general consumer. But now it's almost like they're mocking themselves, by making a worse naming decision.

"lol Hey, you think that was bad? Here's our new, New 3DS".
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |