why do people hate on the gamepad so much?

#1supermegabloxPosted 8/29/2014 11:11:09 PM
i dont get the hate for the gamepad, i love the gamepad and cant see why people call it a tablet(besides the trolls)
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#2AdamLazarusoPosted 8/29/2014 11:12:31 PM
I don't hate it cause there's nothing really wrong with it exactly but it adds barely anything to the console while driving the price up which is lame.
---
Come to the GameFAQs World: United Kingdom board!!!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/313-gamefaqs-world-united-kingdom
#3ZeroxKnuxPosted 8/29/2014 11:21:37 PM
Because it adds nothing of value to the system yet they still force us to pay for it. Its an over priced peripheral.
#4DynoStretchPosted 8/29/2014 11:24:09 PM
Because the fanboys of the rival consoles need something to complain about on these forums in vain hopes of discouraging enough people away from Nintendo until they either A) Go out of business or B) go third party so all games will only be made for THEIR consoles.
---
"This game is too gameplay focused." ~ 00bularn00bular about Super Mario 3D World
3DS Friend Code - 4038-6134-6884
#5Granadico_Posted 8/29/2014 11:36:43 PM
A very small minority seems to actually actively dislike it. Most peopel seem to either not care or enjoy it. Or just talk crap without even using it.
I like it, they just need to do more with it. Its still got so much potential that doesn't seem like it'll be tapped :(
#6ZeroShoesSamusPosted 8/29/2014 11:41:45 PM
Uses up hardware and raises the price of the system by almost double and it's never used in any games aside from those crappy party games and SOMETIMES as a map (except the map would be so much more convenient being ON the screen, see Zombiu, MK8 and Lego City Undercover as a few examples).

The people who never shuttup about it are just trolls though that seem to forget how many hidden costs their systems have with their monthly online fees upon other things,
#7ZeroxKnuxPosted 8/29/2014 11:43:41 PM
ZeroShoesSamus posted...
The people who never shuttup about it are just trolls though that seem to forget how many hidden costs their systems have with their monthly online fees upon other things,

There is nothing hidden about monthly online costs.
#8ZeroShoesSamusPosted 8/29/2014 11:47:10 PM
ZeroxKnux posted...
ZeroShoesSamus posted...

There is because most people end up paying like $2000 for their system yet apparently ps4/xbone are cheaper than buying a PC so it's fine that they have weak hardware.
#9ZeroxKnuxPosted 8/29/2014 11:56:47 PM
Online for a whole year is 50. Over 7 years that is another 350 on top of the 350 for the console which is about 700. No where near $2000.
#10Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/29/2014 11:57:45 PM
ZeroShoesSamus posted...
ZeroxKnux posted...
ZeroShoesSamus posted...

There is because most people end up paying like $2000 for their system yet apparently ps4/xbone are cheaper than buying a PC so it's fine that they have weak hardware.

I don't understand why everyone keeps bring up online fees as an issue. 50$ for a whole year of PS+ is not a bad deal at all. And its not "just for using the online features of the system" but you get tons of free games as well as discounted games. Its actually a really great deal.

But to get back on topic, I simply don't like the gamepad because its huge, uncomfortable, and not innovative enough. Not to mention it has awful battery life. I use the pro controller for any game that lets me.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtEt0Cudt8
Screw PS4, XB1, and Wii U. Gamesphere is where it's at. Its spherical! SPHERICAL!!!