why do people hate on the gamepad so much?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why do people hate on the gamepad so much?
10 months ago#11
supermegablox posted...
i dont get the hate for the gamepad, i love the gamepad and cant see why people call it a tablet(besides the trolls)

Nintendo can't even figure out how to make good use of it.

Donkey Kong and it's totally blank screen being a recent example of such failure.
10 months ago#12
Lefty128k posted...
supermegablox posted...
i dont get the hate for the gamepad, i love the gamepad and cant see why people call it a tablet(besides the trolls)

Nintendo can't even figure out how to make good use of it.

Donkey Kong and it's totally blank screen being a recent example of such failure.

Actually I liked the fact that DK had a blank screen on it. I got sick of having to look down at it to see the map on MK8/Zombiu/LCU. God knows what nastyness they could of done in the DK game.... I couldn't stand DKCR for its terrible controls. Im glad DKCTF got to live up to its full potential.
10 months ago#13
blanking out the gamepad screen was something I thought of with a potential fw update. if the screen mirrors the tv, maybe the gamepad should be blanked out. u could enable/disable the feature to conserve battery power.

personally, I like the gamepad. there's a lot of potential with it especially with 3ds crossover titles like Etrian Odyssey (my favorite series on the 3ds). though, I think too many people expect too much from it as if every game has to do something groundbreaking or merely make use of the gamepad to justify it (the game) being developed for the wii-u. that wasn't true of the kinect, the six-axis, or the wii's motion controls...which were an option not a necessity. Nintendo's theory has always been: "it's there if we need it." with the pc, it's generally about shear power which trumps any of the three consoles; however, consoles/portables, r now about different ways of playing the same game/games(s).
10 months ago#14
supermegablox posted...
why do people hate on the gamepad so much?

*shrugs*

'Cos it's not as absorbent as the name suggests?

...cant see why people call it a tablet

Because the term tablet is easier to swall-*gets shot*

---
"One game has the power to change everything" Iwata 30/10/13
"It is difficult to change our prospects with just one title" Iwata 31/10/13
10 months ago#15
Because its huge, clunky, unnecessary, and adds nothing to the system. In fact, it takes away from the system. If they went for a standard controller that didn't cost them $100 or more to make, we could have a more powerful system and more storage.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
10 months ago#16
Nintendo's claim of "innovation" feel flat almost instantly, and Nintendo was forced to come up with "games" like "project guard" to try and justify the investment on gamepad.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
10 months ago#17
I can only speak for myself but when I had a Wii U, I really disliked the pad for three reasons.

1: the battery life was the worst I've seen in any electronic device in the past decade, even turned off it would bleed power.

2: the build quality of the pad was poor, felt like a toy

3: the resistive screen was poor quality and muddy. Maybe because it's based on old tech? Capacitive screens are the way to go.

Again, only my personal opinion for the 4-5 months I owned a Wii U.
10 months ago#18
ZeroxKnux posted...
Because it adds nothing of value to the system yet they still force us to pay for it. Its an over priced peripheral.

Its not that it adds nothing to the system, its that it ads nothing to the games most people want to play. Most people would prefer a cheaper system to play stuff like DK, Mario, Kart and SSB.

Then of course you just have us people with tiny hands. At the very least there should be an Asian version.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why do people hate on the gamepad so much?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived