WiiU owners, how would you react if Nintendo announced a "new" Wii U at next e3?

#11Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 8/30/2014 9:07:01 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
SUPER3METROIDX posted...
Similar to the "new" 3DS.
Double the RAM (so 4GB), stronger CPU, new lighter gamepad with swappable shell designs, double the battery life, analog triggers, a 300GB harddrive included, a new larger 7inch AMOLED 960p screen in the same chassis, and all at the same price as the current Wii U.

Along with them saying that they will be releasing some "new" Wii U exclusive games starting off with announcing that Xenoblade Chronicles X is now "new" Wii U exclusive.

Nintendo is losing on the Wii U as it is. There's no way they would make a new one for the same price as the one they have now. And making games that only that model could play? They would be insane.

This is correct. It can work better for handhelds, but not consoles. The most I could see is a revision with more onboard memory, or an actual HDD built in.

They just need to double down, and focus in salvaging the Wii U as best as possible, while making sure not to repeat the mistakes they made with it on their next system.

The Wii name needs to GTFO for starters, as that has a bad stigma attached to it already. It also needs at least enough power to be relevant in the generation. Not the strongest, just enough to make it easier to port to without rebuilding the game from scratch. A safe thing is that it should be at least around 3-3.5x stronger than the Ps4. Since the Ps4 isn't high end tech now, and I think is actually making a small profit in hardware, it should be easy to release a system in 2017 with that much power at a modest price, while still at least breaking even in cost.
---
..."go put on your favorite lingerie and streak in your public library while yelling about how sexy you'd look as a dolphin." - Ghasts
#12terranigma73Posted 8/30/2014 9:07:25 AM
squatch22 posted...
Looks like this is the endlessly repeated topic of the day...

Gotta spread that FUD somehow, must try as hard as possible to scare people away from buying a Wiiu.
#13XeroShinobiPosted 8/30/2014 9:11:08 AM
I'd probably buy it. The thing would be quite the rarity in a few years time.
---
Currently playing: not much
#14DrumguyPosted 8/30/2014 9:48:56 AM
I'd be okay with it. Every company of the three seems to issue a new iteration of their console throughout its life.
#15R_HunterPosted 8/30/2014 10:22:39 AM
I called it. This is going to be going on for the next few weeks.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#16juzziebPosted 8/30/2014 10:24:55 AM
Would ragequit from nintendo products permanently.

Then when I calm down id go buy it.
---
NNID: xjuziex FC: 3110-6269-4234
#17juzziebPosted 8/30/2014 10:27:32 AM
R_Hunter posted...

Good, the trolls actually are helping us fight the good fight and show them (all 3 companies) what we think of this new 3ds scam. That's better than the usual trolling they'd be doing otherwise.
---
NNID: xjuziex FC: 3110-6269-4234
#18R_HunterPosted 8/30/2014 11:13:39 AM
juzzieb posted...
R_Hunter posted...

Good, the trolls actually are helping us fight the good fight and show them (all 3 companies) what we think of this new 3ds scam. That's better than the usual trolling they'd be doing otherwise.

Uh one don't lump us all in together. Two, i'm not bothered by the N3DS. I have no reason to get one as of now, but my hair's not on fire like everyone else either.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board