Is it hard for anyone else to get hyped for Smash Bros?

#1Mandrew257Posted 8/30/2014 11:13:00 AM
I just can't get hyped for this game, not knowing if mah Ice Climbers return. Every new character reveal for me after Mega Man has just been: "Oh...but what about Ice Climbers?" If the reason for them not being in the game is because the 3DS can't handle their greatness, I'm going to be upset.
---
"Christ was born on Christmas Day, and the Xbox One becoming #1 in worldwide sales will just be as equally meaningful" - Chevelle
PSN/NNID:Mandrew257
#2R_HunterPosted 8/30/2014 11:18:38 AM
I'm going to be shocked if they aren't in.

But i'm different. Ever since Mega Mans' reveal everything else has made my hype go higher. Even characters I doubt i'll use look interesting at the least.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#3NettoSaitoPosted 8/30/2014 11:19:45 AM
I'm not hyped, it's just Smash Bros. Meaning I'll buy it and play the heck out of it, but it really isn't anything "new." Brawl on the other hand, I was one of the people who stayed up till 2 AM every day just to see the website update live with the new info. 3rd party characters had me exited back then, and seeing the much larger roster and wider verity of stages was exciting as well. The smash ball was also new, the sub space was new, and there was a lot of other new features on top of online. This game, on the other hand, is just more of that with some new characters, stages, and game modes.
---
PSN/XBL/NN - NettoSaito | 3DS - [1203-9218-7780]
Netto's Game Room - News, Reviews, Lets Plays, and More - http://www.nettosgameroom.com
#4strawhatmonty97Posted 8/30/2014 11:52:22 AM
I am Super hyped. I felt annoyance when I got the spotpass saying "add to your wishlist so you can get it at midnight"

... Stop teazing me! October is so long and holiday is longer!
---
If my post has correct capitalization and commas, understand I am trying. If not then I'm either really lazy or typing on a clunky device (i.e. any touchscreen)
#5pkmnpkmnPosted 8/30/2014 12:02:50 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but they've been cut
---
3DS FC 4742-5990-4652
FC:Fighting with Mankey, Throh, Riolu.
#6Legend053180Posted 8/30/2014 12:12:07 PM
Well, Brawl was my first Smash game and I had a ton of fun with it. But fighting games to me kinda get old after awhile.
I'm sure it will be an amazing game, and I'll buy it because it's Nintendo. But it probably won't be a Day 1 buy considering Dragon Age will exist and Batman will be hot on its heels.
#7Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/30/2014 12:15:23 PM
I'm indifferent. I'm super hyped regardless of what characters get in.

Not to steal this topic, but I used to be sure I was gonna get both 3DS and Wii U versions, but now I honestly don't even want the 3DS version anymore. My friend played it, and said its very uncomfortable, much slower than the Wii U version, and is overall more inferior. What are your guys thoughts? I've only played 1 fighting game on the 3DS before, but I didn't like it too much (Tekken).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtEt0Cudt8
Screw PS4, XB1, and Wii U. Gamesphere is where it's at. Its spherical! SPHERICAL!!!
#8Voysa_ReezunPosted 8/30/2014 12:19:04 PM
I will never not be hyped for Smash.

It's one of my five or six favorite regular IPs full stop. Love it, love it, love it. They could have a four-character roster with Koffing, the trainer from Punch-Out, the dog from Duck Hunt, and guest character Poochy, and I'd still be excited.
---
My PS4 Top 5 (so far): 1. Rayman Legends; 2. MLB The Show 14; 3. inFamous: Second Son; 4. Child of Light; 5 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
#9Granadico_Posted 8/30/2014 12:22:21 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
I'm indifferent. I'm super hyped regardless of what characters get in.

Not to steal this topic, but I used to be sure I was gonna get both 3DS and Wii U versions, but now I honestly don't even want the 3DS version anymore. My friend played it, and said its very uncomfortable, much slower than the Wii U version, and is overall more inferior. What are your guys thoughts? I've only played 1 fighting game on the 3DS before, but I didn't like it too much (Tekken).

My friends who played it at the Best Buy thing (i didn't get to go ;~:) said it was fine. They both run at 60 fps so it shouldnt' be slower or anything. The Wii U version is obviously superior, but i don't think the 3DS one is inferior, as in they made it run like crap just to get it on a handheld. The only difference really is no C-Stick for insta-Smashes after running, the button placement, and there's only two shoulder buttons so one is shield and the other is throw, and of course no HD.
#10Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/30/2014 12:22:42 PM
I can see where you're coming from. I'd lose a lot of enthusiasm for the game if my main, Falco, were cut, but as far as I know that isn't the case, so the game remains very highly anticipated for me.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR