Is it hard for anyone else to get hyped for Smash Bros?

#11random_man9119Posted 8/30/2014 1:24:11 PM
Quite the opposite actually...

Every new thing I've seen has gotten me more hyped... Even the Shulk trailer... A character I know so little about, that I didn't even know he had a British accent...
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dragon Quest IX,ACIV: Black Flag,SCP: Containment Breach,Guacamelee!STCE,Fallout 3
#12Cris888Posted 8/30/2014 1:31:50 PM
Played a lof of Brawl Minus because regular Brawl sucked ass. Not excited at all for Brawl 2.0. I think I'm just gonna pass on the Wii U, it's just so bad
---
XBL: LACris88
#13Mandrew257(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 1:39:09 PM
random_man9119 posted...

Every new thing I've seen has gotten me more hyped... Even the Shulk trailer... A character I know so little about, that I didn't even know he had a British accent...

He's not supposed to. Nintendo of America was just too lazy to get new voice actors, so they just kept the European version. Same with Last Story and Pandoras Tower.
---
"Christ was born on Christmas Day, and the Xbox One becoming #1 in worldwide sales will just be as equally meaningful" - Chevelle
PSN/NNID:Mandrew257
#14random_man9119Posted 8/30/2014 1:41:09 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
random_man9119 posted...

He's not supposed to. Nintendo of America was just too lazy to get new voice actors, so they just kept the European version. Same with Last Story and Pandoras Tower.

Oh... Proves my comment that I know very little about Shulk (and Xenoblade) lol...
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dragon Quest IX,ACIV: Black Flag,SCP: Containment Breach,Guacamelee!STCE,Fallout 3
#15Granadico_Posted 8/30/2014 1:41:58 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
random_man9119 posted...

Wait is that the real reason? I always wondered why a JRPG would have British voice actors. Thought it ws some stylistic choice MonolithSoft made when Nintendo was gonna release the game elsewhere
#16Mandrew257(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 1:44:32 PM
Granadico_ posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
random_man9119 posted...

Wait is that the real reason? I always wondered why a JRPG would have British voice actors. Thought it ws some stylistic choice MonolithSoft made when Nintendo was gonna release the game elsewhere

Yep. I don't mind it though. It was kinda cool to play an RPG with British accent. I didn't like it in Ni No Kuni though.
---
"Christ was born on Christmas Day, and the Xbox One becoming #1 in worldwide sales will just be as equally meaningful" - Chevelle
PSN/NNID:Mandrew257
#17sketchturnerPosted 8/30/2014 2:21:05 PM
I haven't been hyped either. But suddenly within the last two weeks the excitement hit me due to a few realizations:

1. HD
2. Hopefully good online for the first time
3. I haven't played Smash Bros. in 5 years, so the game will feel fresh.

Personally, I can't stand Ice Climbers, so that's not a drawback for me. But even if you like them... it's still Smash Bros and there is such a variety of characters that if you can't find someone you enjoy playing as, then maybe Smash just isn't the game for you.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#18UsabellPosted 8/30/2014 2:27:22 PM
Voysa_Reezun posted...
I will never not be hyped for Smash.

It's one of my five or six favorite regular IPs full stop. Love it, love it, love it. They could have a four-character roster with Koffing, the trainer from Punch-Out, the dog from Duck Hunt, and guest character Poochy, and I'd still be excited.

This. But still, no Ice Climbers and no Dixie Kong is a bit bleh to me. Let's see if this really is true.
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.