Is Nintendo capable of building a console equal in power to Sony and Microsoft??

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendo capable of building a console equal in power to Sony and Microsoft??
9 months ago#1
80/80

Serious question here. Nintendo is struggling so much with the simple upgrade to HD that Sony and MS went through back in 2006, do you think they're actually capable of building a console at the same power levels as Sony and Microsoft? A lot of people say they want Nintendo to go the power route, but is that even a possibility?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
9 months ago#2
Yes, they're just stubborn.
---
"PC is the best of everything, the PS4 is a Madden/ CoD station"-Jedi454
9 months ago#3
lol

Naw man, Nintendo doesn't have any experience on how to build advanced electronics. *sarcasm*
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
(edited by Wii_Truth)
9 months ago#4
I'm sure Nintendo could, but I can't see the company going down that route again.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
9 months ago#5
"Struggling"

I don't see any struggling here. Heck if we were to just look at it outside of power Nintendo has the highest amount of 1080p 60fps games on consoles.
---
Anybody need a hug?
9 months ago#6
theFAKEsheridan posted...

I don't think they're struggling with HD just because they're stubborn.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
9 months ago#7
AstralFrost posted...
80/80

Serious question here. Nintendo is struggling so much with the simple upgrade to HD that Sony and MS went through back in 2006, do you think they're actually capable of building a console at the same power levels as Sony and Microsoft? A lot of people say they want Nintendo to go the power route, but is that even a possibility?

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you're asking. That's only has to do with their skill at programming games. The ability to make a console powerful simply has to do with money and skill at hardware.
A billionair who has never played a game could make consoles stronger than the PS4 if he knows computers well. That has no bearings on his ability to make HD games however
9 months ago#8
toidiedud posted...
"Struggling"

I don't see any struggling here. Heck if we were to just look at it outside of power Nintendo has the highest amount of 1080p 60fps games on consoles.

Nintendo has said themselves that they're struggled with it and that the transition to HD was far more difficult than they anticipated. Meanwhile competitors went through it 8 years ago.
---
9 months ago#9
AstralFrost posted...
theFAKEsheridan posted...

I don't think they're struggling with HD just because they're stubborn.

I meant that they've been stubborn since the N64 days, not wanting to change with the times.
---
"PC is the best of everything, the PS4 is a Madden/ CoD station"-Jedi454
9 months ago#10
AstralFrost posted...
toidiedud posted...
"Struggling"

Nintendo has said themselves that they're struggled with it and that the transition to HD was far more difficult than they anticipated. Meanwhile competitors went through it 8 years ago.

They were referring to the development of HD games there, and their teams were not experienced in that field yet. Building a powerful console is as easy as hiring a person with tech building knowledge.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendo capable of building a console equal in power to Sony and Microsoft??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived