Is Nintendo capable of building a console equal in power to Sony and Microsoft??

#111Granadico_Posted 8/31/2014 8:08:50 PM(edited)
AstralFrost posted...
Granadico_ posted...
I've never seen Obama sneeze, therefore he is incapable of sneezing.
I've never seen my parents have sex, therefore they're virgins.
I've never seen Astra claim he's a human, therefore he's not human.

Yeah you said this before, it didn't make any sense then either.

We're not talking about obscure facts, we're talking about a console manufacturer who released a weak console in 2012 and said it was the best they could do, and you're trying to prove that two years later they can easily produce one better than competitors because they once did 13 years ago.

You're trying to make an idiotic claim based on "evidence" of what they've shown you. It's about as idiotic a claim that Sony/MS is incapable of making a weaker console bcause they haven't done it.
And those aren't obscure facts. Those are arguments based off the terrible logic you're using. I've never seen Obama sneeze, therefore i have no evidence of him sneezing, therefore he's never sneezed, therefore he is incapable of sneezing.
To put that in these terms: I haven't seen Nintendo produce a powerful console, therefore i have no evidence of them doing so, therefore they're never gonna do it, therefore they're incapable of doing so
#112mashuPosted 8/31/2014 8:09:39 PM
They could. Their philosophy and policies are so aligned against it, however, that I'm going to say for all practical purposes they can't.
#113AsellusPosted 8/31/2014 8:16:02 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Granadico_ posted...
I've never seen Obama sneeze, therefore he is incapable of sneezing.
I've never seen my parents have sex, therefore they're virgins.
I've never seen Astra claim he's a human, therefore he's not human.

Yeah you said this before, it didn't make any sense then either.

We're not talking about obscure facts, we're talking about a console manufacturer who released a weak console in 2012 and said it was the best they could do, and you're trying to prove that two years later they can easily produce one better than competitors because they once did 13 years ago.

They also said quite clearly that power was not their major focus, that appears to have been having a low power draw and retaining compatibility with the original Wii and its software. As I said before though, if Nintendo decides they want to license Jaguar or its successor it's really not any harder for them to call AMD up and negotiate up a contract than it is for Sony or MS to do so.
#114Raven_ShikumiPosted 8/31/2014 8:40:45 PM
Nintendo is Nintendo, they do whatever the **** they feel like doing.

Could they make a "Nintendo PS4"? Yes. Would they ever? No.
#115AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 8:44:35 PM
StarmanJunior64 posted...
Disuss

Discuss!

DISCUSS!

DIIIISSSSCCCCCUUUUUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Name StarmanJunior64
User ID 6909114
Board User Level 31: Veteran
Awarded to users with at least 100 Karma.
Account Created Monday, January 13, 2014 7:14 PM
Last Visit Sunday, August 31, 2014 9:12 PM
Signature Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), and Mega Man 7 (SNES)
Karma 227
Active Messages Posted 37
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#116LordrvPosted 9/1/2014 8:38:02 AM
No, it would bankrupt them. Imagine if Wii U cost 5x as much to manufacture, and Nintendo was selling every machine at a loss, but it still had the same terrible sales. Nintendo would be heading towards bankruptcy.
#117Bishop9800Posted 9/2/2014 6:50:34 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Hey AstralFrost, you still trying to sell your Wii-U?

---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#118AMGPosted 9/2/2014 6:57:02 AM
Of course they could, but they won't. Iwata killed the "Now you're playing with power." side of Nintendo.