Smash Bros Classic Mode, Challenges , and more

#1R_HunterPosted 8/30/2014 8:07:50 PM
A Gamexplain video, for those that may dislike them and wish to be forewarned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwe0WtKxbv8

Highlights:

Classic Mode
-You can choose routes to take at certain points. Thus different opponents can await you depending on your choices.
-You can bet gold to increase the challenge of the foe, and the rewards if you succeed.
-At the end awaits Master Hand...or something else, according to Sakurai. All you need to do is increase the challenge.

Spectator Mode
-3DS will get it too.
-You can bet on matches.

Challenge Mode
-Returning, and works like in Brawl.
-Rewards will be earned for completing each challenge, as well as unlocking challenges that surround the one you just completed.
-The 3DS set are supposedly easier than the Wii U set, again according to Sakurai.
-Golden Hammer/Mallets seem to be returning as well so you can use them to unlock challenges that are too hard, though likely they will be limited again.

Customization (Most stuff here is known already, but i'm posting for those that may be unaware)
-Works for Smash Run and other modes
-When used on Miis, their entire outfit changes.
-Items grant certain increases/abilities.
-You can test your setups before actually entering a match so there won't be any instances of "...I've made a horrible mistake."
-Moves are selected on the same screen.

Enemy Teams
-Unlike previous versions where you fought against polygons or wireframe fighters, this time your in-game opponents will be the Miis you have on your system. They will wear matching suits, but all will be out for your head, consisting of all three types, Brawler, Gunner, and Swordsman/Swordswoman.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#2Granadico_Posted 8/30/2014 8:13:54 PM
Currently watching it
I don't agree with them at all about the Challenges/Achievements. I love how Sakurai makes his achievement system. I plan to get 100% on both versions. I'd probably do it anyway if they were the same, but i love how they're different.
#3PS4WarriorPosted 8/30/2014 8:18:20 PM
Well, Classic mode sounds better then adventure mode in brawl, that's good.
#4R_Hunter(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 8:19:12 PM
Granadico_ posted...
Currently watching it
I don't agree with them at all about the Challenges/Achievements. I love how Sakurai makes his achievement system. I plan to get 100% on both versions. I'd probably do it anyway if they were the same, but i love how they're different.

Aye, so do I. Though if it is true that we will no longer be able to see what prize awaits us, I'm both a little sad and happy. There's the mystery of not knowing what you'll get, but at the same time, I prefer going after the bigger prizes such as music and stages first.
---
#5Granadico_Posted 8/30/2014 8:23:16 PM
R_Hunter posted...
Granadico_ posted...
Currently watching it

Aye, so do I. Though if it is true that we will no longer be able to see what prize awaits us, I'm both a little sad and happy. There's the mystery of not knowing what you'll get, but at the same time, I prefer going after the bigger prizes such as music and stages first.

I completely forgot about this aspect, and playing through Kid Icarus it didn't have that feature, so it doesn't bother me. Though i'd see how it'd affect people who want to get big stuff out of the way first.

Also about Classic Mode, i'm hoping lower difficulties will be Master Hand (0-2.9), mids will be Crazy Hand (3-5.99), highs will be Master Hand and Crazy Hand (6-8.9), and the highest will be Tabuu (or even a back to back fight of both hands then Tabuu) (9.0).
#6KCJ5062Posted 8/30/2014 8:56:27 PM
R_Hunter posted...

-You can choose routes to take at certain points. Thus different opponents can await you depending on your choices.

I wish all fighting games did something like this.
#7R_Hunter(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 10:33:05 PM
KCJ5062 posted...
R_Hunter posted...

I wish all fighting games did something like this.

It would be a welcome addition. What I wonder is if it will always be the same fighters, or if it will be randomized?
---