do you think metroid is nintendo's darkest series?

#71AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 12:17:14 PM
Toozin posted...
If your only requirement for a dark game is that it contains an eldrich horror then Zeeboyd's Cthulhu Saves the World is freaking dark as crap.

not what i said at all i was explaing what phaze is

ive listed why i view metroid as dark from the way phazon kills you

to the experments the space pirates did on there own kind

to what a metroid does to you

the many horrific alien life forms
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#72ToozinPosted 8/31/2014 12:18:00 PM
AceMos posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Mother 3 is the darkest Nintendo game I played. But don't they own some survival-horror series they only release in Japan?

no its there most depressing and most mature game

but over all its not verry dark

If depressing and mature isn't your definition of dark then what is?

Seriously you need to define some paramaters here.
---
http://www.gamelogs.org/gamelog/Toozin.html
#73dementedlullabyPosted 8/31/2014 12:18:36 PM
splashinkarp posted...

TC never said just use Nintendo IPs. Just Nintendo's games. So which is it, Nintendo IPs or Nintendo exclusive games?

do you think metroid is nintendo's darkest series?

Nintendo series. Not Nintendo exclusive. Reading comprehension ftw? =p

Just playin'.
---
I'm going back down into deep waters
Starry eyed, Shivers spreading as I fall
#74AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 12:23:27 PM
Toozin posted...
AceMos posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Mother 3 is the darkest Nintendo game I played. But don't they own some survival-horror series they only release in Japan?

i dont really know how to define it but ill try

the feeling of true despair and fear

the idea that your nightmares are nothing compaired to what is before you

the fact you dont fully under stand whats going on around you

the fact death's worse than any thing you ever belived possible are before you

the fact that you are truely alone any one who is your friend or comrade die most likely by your own hand

no matter what you do pain fallows you every where
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#75splashinkarpPosted 8/31/2014 12:25:16 PM
AceMos posted...
i said nintendo game i figued it was clear i ment nintendo IP

Well alright. I'll revise my list then

Mother (I excluded it for obvious reasons.)
Fire Emblem
Legend of Zelda

Those three beat Metroid in terms of darkness. Not once in Metroid did I feel panicked or even really worried about my surroundings. The lighting was dark but is that what we are going by?

I mean Metroid is honestly Nintendo's Halo (I know Metroid came first but I'm just making a comparison.)

The only time in Halo you feel threatened or worried is on the Library on Legendary. Metroid made the mistake of making Samus too over powering to induce any type of worry some nature.

If Metroid was more like Dead Space then I'd agree. But Samus falls into the Mary Sue category like Master Chief. If you don't feel threatened then how can the game induce a dark feeling on you?
---
3DS FC: 4699-6109-1754
FIGHTING Safari: Mankey, Riolu, and Throh
#76AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 12:28:04 PM
splashinkarp posted...
AceMos posted...
i said nintendo game i figued it was clear i ment nintendo IP

Well alright. I'll revise my list then

Mother (I excluded it for obvious reasons.)
Fire Emblem
Legend of Zelda

Those three beat Metroid in terms of darkness. Not once in Metroid did I feel panicked or even really worried about my surroundings. The lighting was dark but is that what we are going by?

I mean Metroid is honestly Nintendo's Halo (I know Metroid came first but I'm just making a comparison.)

The only time in Halo you feel threatened or worried is on the Library on Legendary. Metroid made the mistake of making Samus too over powering to induce any type of worry some nature.

If Metroid was more like Dead Space then I'd agree. But Samus falls into the Mary Sue category like Master Chief. If you don't feel threatened then how can the game induce a dark feeling on you?

so tell me how are things like phazon slowly killing you and mutating your body and driving you insane not disturbing?

how is the fact a metroid drains YOUR LIFE FORCE not messed up

or creatures that can slip betwen the fabric of reality and come at you from any where
---
#77ukokira1Posted 8/31/2014 12:28:23 PM
AceMos posted...
Toozin posted...
AceMos posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

the fact that you are truely alone any one who is your friend or comrade die most likely by your own hand

So Mother 3?
Everything but the second to last point is there.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.17
#78AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 12:29:30 PM
ukokira1 posted...
AceMos posted...
Toozin posted...
AceMos posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

So Mother 3?
Everything but the second to last point is there.

how so? not saying your wrong but i personaly did not feel that way towards the horrors in mother 3
---
#79splashinkarpPosted 8/31/2014 12:36:15 PM
AceMos posted...
so tell me how are things like phazon slowly killing you and mutating your body and driving you insane not disturbing?

or creatures that can slip betwen the fabric of reality and come at you from any where

It is but Samus is a Mary Sue so why fear that? Other games do it way better. That was my point. Heck the Flood in Halo and the Infectors in Dead Space for example. Even RE 4 did it better.

Again I'll ask. Why be terrified or worried when you know your character is a Mary Sue?
---
3DS FC: 4699-6109-1754
FIGHTING Safari: Mankey, Riolu, and Throh
#80AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2014 12:38:04 PM
splashinkarp posted...
AceMos posted...

It is but Samus is a Mary Sue so why fear that? Other games do it way better. That was my point. Heck the Flood in Halo and the Infectors in Dead Space for example. Even RE 4 did it better.

Again I'll ask. Why be terrified or worried when you know your character is a Mary Sue?

you are infected with phazon in prime 3 and slowly see samus mutate even puking up phazon at one point

you can be killed by metroids verry easy

how is samus a mary sue (as in how is she more of a sue than any other main character in a video game)
---