Is Super Mario 3D World better than Galaxy?

#21wiiking96Posted 9/1/2014 6:02:03 AM
Galaxy is a more original, creative, innovative, impressive, polished, and full-realized game. It feels like what it should feel like: An epic space adventure. 3D World just can't compare in that regard. It's a much less compelling experience as a whole.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#22Xynaxus64Posted 9/1/2014 6:02:45 AM
No No NO.
3D World and 3D Land are the worst of the 3D Mario games. They're linear and too easy.
---
Metroid = Rayman > All
Rayman is in Smash!
#23EndgamePosted 9/1/2014 7:59:20 AM
Super Mario Galaxy is the last great thing Nintendo's ever done, all of the good aspects of Nintendo died after it, like a mother dying during childbirth

Super Mario 3D Land 2 is the prime example of how far Nintendo, and especially Mario, has fallen
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#24astutecolliePosted 9/1/2014 8:01:34 AM
Endgame posted...
Super Mario Galaxy is the last great thing Nintendo's ever done, all of the good aspects of Nintendo died after it, like a mother dying during childbirth

Super Mario 3D Land 2 is the prime example of how far Nintendo, and especially Mario, has fallen

Agree but still recoverable. Spend the next 4 years working on a beast of a 3d mario game for their next system and all this nsmb/3dl/w nonsense will be forgiven.
#25Shadowbird_RHPosted 9/1/2014 8:04:43 AM
They're both linear 3D obstacle courses, and while they each have high points the other lacks, I'd put SM3DW as the better game.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#26StephenYap3Posted 9/1/2014 8:22:39 AM
Personally, much more. 3D World felt very fun in that you can play as a variety of characters in many levels that offer a balanced amount of variety, excellent music, great graphics, amazing gameplay, and everything else is just awesome.

Galaxy was decent at best and while it did have an amazing atmosphere that surpasses Sunshine's, everything felt way too basic for its own good. The level design was meh, the story was deep for a Mario game (but nothing special), the characters were okayish (I only liked Rosalina as an NPC and non-recurring character in the Galaxy games), and the gameplay felt like it could've been expanded upon. The only thing I did like from the game was the soundtrack, which blew me away for a Mario game. Now, if you mean Galaxy 2, yes I did enjoy that more than 3D World and Galaxy 1.
---
Pure Protein!