Resident Evil skips Nintendo platforms?!?!?

#1Lemmywinks13Posted 9/1/2014 2:09:31 PM
I've gotten used to games skipping Nintendo platforms. It really does make sense in most instances. But take Resident Evil Revelations for example. The first game sold nearly a million copies on Nintendo platforms according to vgchartz. I know people don't like to use that but it's numbers are close. PS3 and 360 combined equaled about 800,000. Those systems have a MUCH higher install base than 3DS and Wii U but Nintendo platforms dominated them.

So Capcom takes these numbers and decides to ditch Nintendo platforms with the next game. What the hell??????
#2AdalwulfyPosted 9/1/2014 2:11:30 PM
Crapcom. That's all.

But really, the least they could've done is make a WiiU version of Revelations 2, since there'll be PS3 and 360 versions of it.
---
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81BbnycLqRL._AA1500_.jpg
I want this. I want this so bad.
#3CorruptedRPGPosted 9/1/2014 2:16:05 PM
Every current Resident Evil title is skipping Nintendo platforms. Even Resident Evil Remake HD is skipping Wii U.
#4DavCubePosted 9/1/2014 2:16:36 PM
Given their grab-and-run tactic they pulled when the publishing rights for REmake and RE0 ran out, this is really no surprise.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#5Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 2:17:17 PM
Adalwulfy posted...
Crapcom. That's all.

But really, the least they could've done is make a WiiU version of Revelations 2, since there'll be PS3 and 360 versions of it.

I understand series like Assassins Creed skipping Wii U. Those games already have dedicated players on other systems. The odds of someone with achievements on the first three assassins creed games deciding to switch is really low.

Resident Evil Revelations actually started life on Nintendo platforms and had a chance to show that it can sell as well as something on the other systems as long as it has roots there. But NOOOOOOO, they have to be stupid and leave Wii U out. Good lord.
#6ORANGE666Posted 9/1/2014 2:18:08 PM
3DS too weak, WiiU sales were low.
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#7FullMetalPanicPosted 9/1/2014 2:19:25 PM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Every current Resident Evil title is skipping Nintendo platforms. Even Resident Evil Remake HD is skipping Wii U.

This. I'd be surprised if RE7 doesn't skip the Wii U as well.
---
[_PSN_] MrCiel [_NNID_] PowerBerry
Anticipating: Glacier White PS4 (pre-ordered)
#8TomoEK9Posted 9/1/2014 2:21:44 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
3DS too weak, WiiU sales were low.

Pretty much this.

The original revelations was a portable title that was ported to consoles. Realizing the popularity of the game and the demand for more games in this style, it seems capcom has decided to make directly for home console in order to give it higher production values and hopefully content.

Wii U is perpetually struck with the "3rd parties will fail" curse and Capcom won't be porting it over.
#9DiscostewSMPosted 9/1/2014 2:21:53 PM
Nintendo didn't pay them, that's why. If it was based purely on sales of the hardware it would be on and the sales of the previous entry, then 3DS would definitely get a version of it, since it not only has the greater install base this gen, but also had the most sales of the previous RE:R game among all versions.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10AceMosPosted 9/1/2014 2:22:48 PM
do we know the plot detials of revelation 2?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*