Nintendo Thinks Mario Maker Won't Negatively Impact Sales Of Main Mario Games

#1PS4WarriorPosted 9/1/2014 7:16:57 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-thinks-mario-maker-wont-negatively-impact-sales-of-main-mario-games/

“I think part of the fun of Mario is how you play and experience a series of courses, with boss battles, too, all of which get progressively harder,” said Tezuka. “Mario developers build up the whole world, making sure the different courses all fit well together. I don’t think the overall fun you can have with an entire Mario game is the same as playing a single course made in Mario Maker, and of course future Mario games will include lots of new features… so I don’t think the two will ever be in competition.”
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 9/1/2014 7:22:34 PM
I think he's right. Mainline Mario games and Mario Maker aim for different audiences.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#3heartlesshero17Posted 9/1/2014 7:26:28 PM
I agree, but not for that reason

...People just like Mario games. I don't think this would cut off interest on a new main Mario game
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#4m0986-8Posted 9/1/2014 7:28:18 PM
Also from the looks of it so far is that the editor is pretty limited. Though this could change in time.
---
I want Fatal Frame V to release globally.
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#5EndgamePosted 9/1/2014 7:29:51 PM
of course your limited stage editor isn't going to make people stop buying your Mario games Nintendo! your fanbase that actually bothered to buy a Wii U will buy ANYTHING you release!
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6m0986-8Posted 9/1/2014 7:36:19 PM
Endgame posted...
of course your limited stage editor isn't going to make people stop buying your Mario games Nintendo! your fanbase that actually bothered to buy a Wii U will buy ANYTHING you release!

I am not buying it. Nor am I getting anything Starfox, Kirby, Yoshi, or Pikmin related. Personally debating Zelda U though I may get it due to the slight interest Windwaker has given me which I got for free when I got MK8.

Either way no one is going to blindly buy a game just because it was made by Nintendo themselves. If they do... I feel sorry for them
---
I want Fatal Frame V to release globally.
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#7Starwars4JPosted 9/1/2014 7:42:10 PM
m0986-8 posted...
Endgame posted...

I am not buying it. Nor am I getting anything Starfox, Kirby, Yoshi, or Pikmin related. Personally debating Zelda U though I may get it due to the slight interest Windwaker has given me which I got for free when I got MK8.

Either way no one is going to blindly buy a game just because it was made by Nintendo themselves. If they do... I feel sorry for them

If someone will blindly not buy something I don't see why you find it hard to believe someone will blindly buy something, or that it makes them worse than you are.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8Kosten_ReiPosted 9/1/2014 8:00:12 PM
PASS;
1) Looks like a reskin of Mario Paint and Mario put together.
2) Can't do any "Kaizo/VIP and Wall Mix" SMW customization.
3) Can't build your own maps.
I'm biased, because of ROM Mods that did a better job.
---
2016 - Out with the zombies in with some HoRRoR
#9CubeTVPosted 9/7/2014 12:28:22 AM
m0986-8 posted...

I bought Eternal Darkness and Giest because it had "Nintendo" on it, was not disappointed. Also bought Samurai Jack because it had "SEGA" on it. was also not disappointed. I bought Pac-Man World 2 because it had Pac-Man on it. Amazing. Even bought Spongebob The Movie Game, Lights Camera Pants and Battle For Bikini Bottom because it had "Spongebob" and those didn't disappoint me at all.

However, I'm not like that for any game. Just some rare exceptions. As long as it's based off something I like, the gameplay sounds fun and it's made by someone I like, I'll buy it.

Unless you're talking about people that are just "If it has X name on it, I'll buy it instantly", then ignore the above of my post.
---
Even though I like the Wii U, I do not consider it a Nintendo system.
#10ynot_zoidbergPosted 9/7/2014 12:41:34 AM
Mario Maker is basically a "virtual toy" kind of software, like people used to describe The Sims,, Pushmo World's Studio mode, Little Big Planet and Dungeon Keeper to a lesser extent, and some describe Minecraft that way too.

It appeals to a certain audience of people who like a virtual toolset and assets to play around with. Nothing wrong with that.

Now this guy:

Endgame posted...

Here's my top 4 responses:

#4 Still not as bad as Microsoft, they managed to get their hardcore fanbase to buy a mandatory Kinect...ouch!

#3 I guess that shows how great a developer Nintendo is?

#2 someone is up late on Mom's computer

#1 I guess that's still better then Sony, their fanbase will buy the same game twice in one year!