Why do devs treat Nintendo like the laughing stock of the industry?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why do devs treat Nintendo like the laughing stock of the industry?
2 years ago#1
No matter what N does, people (devs) just never change...
2 years ago#2
They see N as a "kid's company" and Sony/MS as the MAAAN'S companies.
2 years ago#3
Because of Nintendo archaic online infrastructure is a valid reason why third party developers treat them like a laughing stock.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
2 years ago#4
Because they aren't Western, and they don't produce FPS games.
Metroid = Rayman > All
Rayman is in Smash!
2 years ago#5
Devs don't need to change. Nintendo does. I love Nintendo, they still make great games. But I would be lying if I said their console was perfect the way it was in terms of hardware or online capabilities. Nintendo has been living under a cave for an entire console generation, maybe even a little before that. They are only now just fixing the problems they created, and they will eventually reach a point where devs will be happy to make for Nintendo again. Until then I don't expect devs to change their minds on Nintendo and their home console, and I don't blame them. Maybe next console generation Nintendo will have the common hardware and features it should compared to it's competition. Only then will devs find themselves back at Nintendo.
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
2 years ago#6
Xynaxus64 posted...
Because they aren't Western, and they don't produce FPS games.

So is Sony, fail.
"You know better than to trust a strange computer." - Yoda.
2 years ago#7
That's how conspiracies work. Everyone is in on it and just doing their part.
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
2 years ago#8
Because of their unwillingness to work with developers in the past and because of the lack of customers for some of their IP on Nintendo platforms.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
2 years ago#9
This is a pretty funny video parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7rhVOa0nQ&list=TLHnLDoUg4L7DoX5Mo_2Q872NecaCbyJ7H
2 years ago#10
because developers forgot how to publish games that focus on gameplay and unique artstyles and instead are trying to create photorealism
Animal Crossing NL Dream: 5399-2276-5180
White Version FC: 0991-1102-7167
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why do devs treat Nintendo like the laughing stock of the industry?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived