Has there ever been a bad Kirby game?

#11Demon_AckerPosted 9/2/2014 9:06:07 AM
I don't think any of them are bad, but Dream Land 1/3, Air Ride and Squeak Squad weren't all that well received.
---
http://i.minus.com/i9BFFFKqGH8Je.gif
#12TerotrousPosted 9/2/2014 9:16:00 AM
Squeak Squad is extremely mediocre. Star Stacker isn't really anything special either.
---
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/
My novel, now fully published online!
#13The Top CrusaderPosted 9/2/2014 9:16:21 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Kirby 64 and Dreamland 2 are two very bad Kirby games.

Never played 64, but was really excited to get Dreamland 2 because I loved Kirby's Adventure, and it looked like more of the same but with ANIMAL FRIENDS! O_O So I got it on release and just didn't enjoy it much at all. :(

I do agree though that clearly not everyone loves every Kirby game, the overall consensus is positive.
---
Author of Titans of Toho: An Unauthorized Guide to the Godzilla Series and the Rest of Toho's Giant Monster Film Library
#14Vlugge_JapiePosted 9/2/2014 9:17:40 AM
I really dislike Amazing Mirror, which was one of the games I got for free. First of all, you lose your powers a lot more often than in the other games and secondly, most of the powers only have 1 kind of attack, instead of multiple as we're used to.
I also dislike the maze like structure of the game.
---
If you're a Muppet fan please check out my site:
http://muppet-madness.blogspot.com/
#15Maxx_the_SlashPosted 9/2/2014 9:51:13 AM
I didn't like:

- Kirby's Dream Land 3. Kirby walks so slow and levels are so long. They don't ****ing end.

- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I hated the combined powers system, more specifically how to combine them. You have to suck up two different enemies with one breath, and you're almost never in a situation where you can get the two powers you need to progress.

- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. One giant map, which is great, but it's laid out like a cluster**** of a mess. It looks like a custom level designed with debug mode similar to the Sonic the Hedgehog genesis game. If you've ever played Final Fantasy IV Advance and gotten to Edge's Lunar Trial (SPOILERS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WDPiC-hilM), that's what The Amazing Mirror's map looks like.
---
Boycott Sirius XM for firing Anthony Cumia | AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh)
Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#16Blade_KirbyPosted 9/2/2014 10:05:28 AM
^ Sucking up 2 enemies at once isn't the only way to combine powers in 64... One of the C buttons (up I think) makes Kirby equip the ability star, which he can throw at other enemies. I think another option is just sucking up one enemy and spitting it at the other, without even having to swallow in between.

You really must not have put much effort into 64 to miss those. There's plenty of reasons to critique 64, but I don't think the ability system is one of them.
---
"Ok when Terramorphous dies we're all gonna whip our ***** out and whoever has the biggest one gets all the loot." - Gnarrkill
#17coreekymonPosted 9/2/2014 10:17:55 AM(edited)
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I hated the combined powers system, more specifically how to combine them. You have to suck up two different enemies with one breath, and you're almost never in a situation where you can get the two powers you need to progress.

Um... that's not true at all. You get one power then you pull it out and throw it at someone else and then they turn into a two power.

Kirby 64 was the best one IMO, the two power system was amazing, if they did something like that again I might be interested in playing a new Kirby for once.

IMO most the Kirby games are just too similar, they are all decent but none of them are that great either.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/coreekymon
3DS FC: 3695-0124-0339
#18Flare7Posted 9/2/2014 10:18:59 AM
coreekymon posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Um... that's no true at all. You get one power then you pull it out and throw it at someone else and then they turn into a two power.

Kirby 64 was the best one IMO, the two power system was amazing, if they did something like that again I might be interested in playing a new Kirby for once.

IMO most the Kirby games are just too similar, they are all decent but none of them are that great either.

Yeah, Kirby 64 was my favorite when I was younger. Now it's back to Adventure.

The only thing I really didn't like about 64 was that most of the time you needed to backtrack to previous levels to get abilities to get shards from current levels. Although that's kinda the way it goes for 100% completion, so idk.
---
Currently playing: Farcry 3
#19PokemonYoutube(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 10:20:12 AM
coreekymon posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Um... that's not true at all. You get one power then you pull it out and throw it at someone else and then they turn into a two power.

I'd say Kirby is actually much more diverse than, say, the Mario and Zelda series. Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, Epic Yarn. All deviated from the standard Kirby formula.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk
#20SegavsCapcomPosted 9/2/2014 10:21:52 AM
I have never played a Kirby game I never regretted playing, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed them all equally.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom