Minecraft likely not coming to Wii U

#11X_Ste_90_XPosted 9/2/2014 11:04:48 AM
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
I only think the Vita is getting it because of the other PS platforms. In a way, the Wii U makes more sense than any other console interface wise. The 3DS doesn't though, it would be the worst version of the game due to hardware limitations. Even the iOS versions would be better.

Possibly, control wise, but hey New 3DS kinda changes all of that.

I'm not sure it would be able to run it well enough as well, even the n3DS isn't exactly going to be a powerhouse compared to the Vita.

You don't think it would be powerful ENOUGH? It doesn't have to be a monster. If a smartphone can run it, then a handheld console with an upgraded cpu better than a regular 3DS could run it.

You're forgetting that mobile phones have had better GPUs, CPUs and RAM than the 3DS for years now, even the iPhone 3GS was probably more powerful.
---
Currently Playing- Diablo 3- PS4, Assassins Creed 4- PS4, Forza 5- X1.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, GTA 5- PS4, Forza Horizon 2- X1, Smash Brothers-Wii U.
#12DeathSoul2000Posted 9/2/2014 11:06:09 AM
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
I only think the Vita is getting it because of the other PS platforms. In a way, the Wii U makes more sense than any other console interface wise. The 3DS doesn't though, it would be the worst version of the game due to hardware limitations. Even the iOS versions would be better.

I'm not sure it would be able to run it well enough as well, even the n3DS isn't exactly going to be a powerhouse compared to the Vita.

You don't think it would be powerful ENOUGH? It doesn't have to be a monster. If a smartphone can run it, then a handheld console with an upgraded cpu better than a regular 3DS could run it.

l thought it was common knowledge 3DS is weaker than smartphones. Apparently not.
#13Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:07:38 AM
X_Ste_90_X posted...
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...

You're forgetting that mobile phones have had better GPUs, CPUs and RAM than the 3DS for years now, even the iPhone 3GS was probably more powerful.

Yeah my Droid 4 runs the Unreal Citadel benchmark pretty well and I doubt the 3DS could do it, but this is Minecraft.

Minecraft requires more from your CPU and RAM than your GPU. And those are things that can easily be accommodated for.
---
The most important question of our generation is,
"What has the internet made you become?"
#14Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:09:36 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
Retrowire posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...

l thought it was common knowledge 3DS is weaker than smartphones. Apparently not.

Didn't say it was stronger. DID say that a cpu better than a 3DS had a possibility.
---
#15PsychoWolfXPosted 9/2/2014 11:13:13 AM
TheFallenPriest posted...
Why would anyone get mine craft on something aside from pc? Minecraft sucks without the mods.

I wouldn't say it "sucks" without mods, I have plenty of fun with the core version, but the game, but the PC version is by FAR the best. Bringing Minecraft to PS3/360 was totally unnecessary and porting it AGAIN to the X1 PS4 is just plain silly.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938
- From the desk of Admiral PsychowolfX
#16Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:15:48 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Why would anyone get mine craft on something aside from pc? Minecraft sucks without the mods.

I wouldn't say it "sucks" without mods, I have plenty of fun with the core version, but the game, but the PC version is by FAR the best. Bringing Minecraft to PS3/360 was totally unnecessary and porting it AGAIN to the X1 PS4 is just plain silly.

And they're just gonna keep on porting it as long as Sony and Microsoft keeps paying em for it.
---
#17CcroybbPosted 9/2/2014 11:23:50 AM
Nintendo can't even get the 3rd party game that is most popular among kids.
---
Gamefaqs mods are terrible
#18Who_Dat504Posted 9/2/2014 11:32:43 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...

Yes how unnecessary of them to bring it to the PS3/360 were minecraft has sold millions of copies and how silly it is to bring it to the PS4/X1 were it will sell millions more.
---
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!
#19ScarlettailPosted 9/2/2014 11:35:09 AM
Just another sorry set of news for the Wii U. Hopefully Nintendo learns their lesson and just goes with a standard build console next time.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
Days until Smash 4 3DS NA release: 31
#20Ultima_D_StrikePosted 9/2/2014 11:41:27 AM
But it makes sense to them to port it to raspberry pi, great logic here people never change.
---
GameFaqs the place where opinions become facts!
NNID: Darkstrike