Do You Know Anyone Waiting for Smash to Buy Wii U?

#1SampsonMPosted 9/2/2014 8:11:00 PM
Just curious. Can't say I do.

Most of my friends that are Nintendo fans already own the machine.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#2ColdReticencePosted 9/2/2014 8:12:08 PM
Only one person, though not many of my friends are gamers.
---
A chronic community ambulator.
#3dancing_cactuarPosted 9/2/2014 8:12:56 PM
Yep, know about 5 people in that position.
---
I am pro Nintendo on the Nintendo board, so I am not a troll. - Greer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyNymQm7zo
#4Granadico_Posted 9/2/2014 8:16:57 PM
A few of my friends probably won't guaranteed buy one, but they'll be far more willing to with Smash. Though most of them have 3DSs and PCs so the Smash appeal for Wii U goes down (unless they come over my house to play)
#5AstralFrostPosted 9/2/2014 8:18:45 PM
Nope, everyone I know is getting it for 3DS.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#6ethsfanPosted 9/2/2014 8:22:22 PM
I dnt have a wii u yet, but im not waiting for smash. Just for a good deal or bundle
#7-3703Posted 9/2/2014 8:44:28 PM(edited)
Honestly, we're getting the same game we got 7 years ago. I don't know anyone who is getting a Wii U for Smash, and for me personally it doesn't make up for the dearth of games in general on the system.

It's like a Gamecube with about a third of the library to the same point in time. No Resident Evil exclusivity, no Eternal Darkness, no Rogue Squadron, no Smash until two years into its lifespan, no third party support (the Cube had a relatively steady stream of good to great third party titles in its first few years, which covered what would otherwise have been unaccounted for genres), no Monkey Ball, no decent Sonic, I could go on (and on). It is a very thin library, and although it has a handful of utterly excellent games, you wonder how it's going to sustain itself like this. I think the impact of Smash will be tempered by the simple fact that the thing looks barren besides, and not a good investment.
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 9/2/2014 8:42:49 PM
I haven't asked.

The people I know like to talk about games about 2 weeks from release.
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#9Granadico_Posted 9/2/2014 8:45:19 PM
-3703 posted...
Honestly, we're getting the same game we got 7 years ago. I don't know anyone who is getting a Wii U for Smash, and for me personally it doesn't make up for the dearth of games in general on the system.

It's like a Gamecube with about a third of the library to the same point in time. No Resident Evil exclusivity, no Eternal Darkness, no Rogue Squadron, no Smash until two years into its lifespan, no third party support (the Cube had a relatively steady stream of good to great third party titles in its first few years, which covered what would otherwise have been unaccounted for genres), no Monkey Ball, no decent Sonic, I could go on (and on). It is a very thin library, and although it has a handful of utterly excellent games, you wonder how it's going to sustain itself like this. I think the impact of Smash will be tempered by the simple fact that the thing looks barren besides, and not a good investment.

You say its the same game as 7 years ago (it looks far from it), and to counter that point you mention a bunch of sequels? What's the difference?
#10-3703Posted 9/2/2014 9:02:44 PM
Granadico_ posted...
-3703 posted...

You say its the same game as 7 years ago (it looks far from it), and to counter that point you mention a bunch of sequels? What's the difference?

The difference is nearly a decade and a half, and two console generations. It is not as impactful anymore. Couple that with an even smaller library and there you go.