I wish Nintendo would stop having these special Nintendo Directs.

#1BlueLinkHeroPosted 9/3/2014 8:23:32 AM
I want them to cover more than just one game. This is ridiculous. I can understand doing it every now and then, but we've had like 5 of them this year. It's just annoying.
#2NathanmgPosted 9/3/2014 8:37:54 AM
Don't watch them live, just look up directs post-showing and watch the ones covering stuff you care about.

Personally I'd rather have directs about individual games then one giving only 5 minutes to each.
#3JobocanPosted 9/3/2014 8:49:09 AM
Yeah, Nintendo should stop advertising their upcoming games.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#4NintendoFan81Posted 9/3/2014 8:54:11 AM
Great idea: don't watch them and move on. Why get easily annoyed by something you can AVOID?
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 9/3/2014 8:56:45 AM
Jobocan posted...
Yeah, Nintendo should stop advertising their upcoming games.

That's err.... what TV commercials are for. Not 30 minute long broadcasts that only fanboys will watch.
#6BlueLinkHero(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 10:43:18 AM
You guys are missing the point. I'm not saying don't talk about these games, I just want them to cover more stuff. You know, like more software/hardware. For example: Virtual Console or Miiverse updates. Cause frankly, those two are pathetic right now. And more info on the new gamecube controllers.
#7bigjnycPosted 9/3/2014 10:50:54 AM
Whats wrong if they do both? Right now as far as hardware and up coming software they have nothing to announce yet. Really at this point if its not ready I don't want them putting up a direct just saying well these things are coming out date tba. Its fine when there is footage and actual dates to work with than do a Direct. As far as the game Direct I think thats the best thing they can do to get their message out since they don't seem to market their games anymore and the press for the post part ignores Nintendo until there is some bad news. For games I don't care about the Direct is ignored by me example that Tomagotchi thing I have no intrest and I couldn't even tell you what it is. Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 games that I have an interest so I will watch those directs if only to just kill a few minutes. I am one of those people that don't mind spoilers either because by the thing is over I will most likely forget them anyway.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#8NCPwnPosted 9/3/2014 10:54:12 AM
To be honest, they dont' have much to show right now.

Smash is their prized heifer right now.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#9NintendoFan81Posted 9/3/2014 12:29:31 PM
BlueLinkHero posted...
You guys are missing the point. I'm not saying don't talk about these games, I just want them to cover more stuff. You know, like more software/hardware. For example: Virtual Console or Miiverse updates. Cause frankly, those two are pathetic right now. And more info on the new gamecube controllers.

Virtual Console wont ever get a huge focus. Last gen was proof of that. Nintendo doesn't seem to care a ton about the retro gamers out there. NES Remix is about the only exception to this. Most people have gotten games illegally for a while now, so its pretty clear Virtual Console isnt going to bring in huge profits at all. If Nintendo would've done more retro collections starting on GameCube, perhaps Virtual Console would matter more now.
#10S_K_FPosted 9/3/2014 1:41:16 PM(edited)
NCPwn posted...
To be honest, they dont' have much to show right now.

Smash is their prized heifer right now.

Info on Bayonetta 2
Info + release date for Captain Toad
Info + release date for SSB Wii U
Details on Gamecube controller bundle
Announcement of limited edition SSB 3DS XL for NA
Talk about free soundtrack deal on Club Nintendo
Conformation that the gamecube controller adaptor works with games in Wii mode/on VC
English version of the 5 minute SSB trailer Japan got
Reveal cars/tracks/whatever from Mario Kart 8 DLC
Announcement of New 3DS/New 3DS XL
Announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Announcement of Ultimate NES Remix
More info on Yoshi's Wooly World
More info on Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
More info on Mario Party 10
More info on Code Name: Steam
More info on Star Fox
More info on Wii U Zelda
Conformation that SMT X Fire Emblem still exists
Talk about the 3DS update that's adding themes to the main menu

Seriously, they could EASILY do a general direct right now, without even using all of this.
---
"I fully expected RickRoll but holy crap, that video was amazing. OP delivers. Have the OP of the Year 2014 award." - georgethecow4