Timed purchases

#1somefreaknfellaPosted 4/2/2012 7:53:31 PM

Why do they have this retarded system? This just totally ruins the game for me, having to save up for a weapon or armor then having it 'expire' a week later. Yes there is a permanent buy option but it is ridiculously expensive for someone who only plays casually. No it is not countered by the fact that I can 'try' weapons by picking them up in-game. It is a stupid concept that is used as a pathetic and transparent excuse for incentivizing and replayability.

/rant

#2SalenStormwingPosted 4/3/2012 7:19:04 AM
Yeah, it's annoying. Part of me wishes I could just shell out 20 bucks to buy the game, and have things be totally mine, instead of having to worry about saving up this in-game money to buy 1 piece of equipment.

But, the devs wanted to go the way of F2P, and went with Perfect World instead of using something more akin to Team Fortress 2's F2P instead.

On the plus side, at least you can buy parts of guns permanently, unlike APB Reloaded, where the only way to have a permanent weapon other than your starter is to spend big real-life cash for it. At least here you can use in-game cred to get stuff permanent. Not everything, but more than APB:R.
#3MechaFan198Posted 4/3/2012 10:57:26 AM
So, how exactly does the timed thing work? Is it in-game time, or does the time start from the second you hit the purchase button? Forgive my nubness, but I'm looking into trying this game.
#4somefreaknfella(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 12:29:32 PM

You can purchase weapons/equipment for a day, or a week, or permanently. Afaik, it's real time so it expires even when you arent playing.

#5dee jayPosted 4/3/2012 9:40:14 PM
I play this game casually so it's really not a big deal for me. You get points fast, and when my **** expires, I see it as a new opportunity to try out different weapon combos.

Equipment and gear expiring sucks though.
---
Ghord Dahm Sploicers
#6BahamutZEROPosted 4/13/2012 8:41:40 PM
Most F2P shooters are like this, I find just buying what you need for 1 day and earning enough for the next day is not too bad if you play enough. I do find that you have to pay money to buy loadouts though a little annoying.
---
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/JD_FellWolf/Sigs/BahamutZerov2.jpg
#7xX_LethalAZ_XxPosted 4/15/2012 8:02:22 AM
BahamutZERO posted...
Most F2P shooters are like this, I find just buying what you need for 1 day and earning enough for the next day is not too bad if you play enough. I do find that you have to pay money to buy loadouts though a little annoying.

That's what I end up doing too. But it's annoying that you have to keep buying your items back everyday and it'll get harder to do if you miss playing a few days. I mean, not everyone can play a few matches everyday just to keep an average of money to buy your weapons back
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXLethalAZXx/
#8Mr_MelPosted 4/15/2012 8:11:09 PM
Well, I'd be cool with buying the weapons with GP permanently, but it's usually something like 5500 GP, and I usually earn about 150 per match. However, even if you want to buy it with real money, each gun is 750 Zen for a permanent buy....that's $7.50! For ONE gun, and no attachments, nothing else. A gun. 8 bucks. wow.
---
Brawl FC: 4210-3691-8814
#9xX_LethalAZ_XxPosted 4/16/2012 4:11:42 PM
Mr_Mel posted...
Well, I'd be cool with buying the weapons with GP permanently, but it's usually something like 5500 GP, and I usually earn about 150 per match. However, even if you want to buy it with real money, each gun is 750 Zen for a permanent buy....that's $7.50! For ONE gun, and no attachments, nothing else. A gun. 8 bucks. wow.

Yeah that is another factor. Even with the whole pay-to-win scheme, it's overpriced. I hope they change all of this before the game is fully out.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXLethalAZXx/
#10I aM tHe LeGeNdPosted 4/16/2012 5:26:58 PM
Well guys in general whether its f2p or p2win I always choose the free part.
If your good enough you can take out skileld players with default stuff.

Saves me a lot of fake money. I buy the SMG for one week.
---
"There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people."
-Howard Zinn