WTF!? I cant play as Alistair Overeem?????

#1xxbambamxx83Posted 1/23/2012 9:55:11 AM
I just reserved the game yesterday. I went online to read a little about it and saw that you have to "like" their facebook page to get Alistair Overeem.

Ok...sounds lame but whatever. I log in to facebook and am about to "like" the page and see that the promotion just expired. WTF? So now there is not way to get him?

I'm getting so sick of these incomplete games coming out. Reserve it here to get this fighter, reserved it there to get that fighter, like this page for him, etc..,.

I still want the game and already payed for it in full. I'm just so annoyed right now that I want to drive to gamestop and cancel my order. ugh
#2f3zza5000Posted 1/23/2012 11:02:20 AM
xxbambamxx83 posted...
I just reserved the game yesterday. I went online to read a little about it and saw that you have to "like" their facebook page to get Alistair Overeem.

Ok...sounds lame but whatever. I log in to facebook and am about to "like" the page and see that the promotion just expired. WTF? So now there is not way to get him?

I'm getting so sick of these incomplete games coming out. Reserve it here to get this fighter, reserved it there to get that fighter, like this page for him, etc..,.

I still want the game and already payed for it in full. I'm just so annoyed right now that I want to drive to gamestop and cancel my order. ugh

Cool story younger male sibling. you should pay more attention to this stuff anyway im sure he will be relasesed as DLC in a few months. plus if im correct this game have a CAF share feature so someone could make a CAF of him and you could download it. its not the end of the world.
---
PSN/XBL - XxQwickSkopes360xX
#3davidthedawg639Posted 1/23/2012 11:43:07 AM
So... you want the game... and you're cancelling the pre-order at gamestop (Which gets you 4/6 fighters.)

You really are ignorant.
#4LOLSUP_IMSGOODPosted 1/23/2012 11:55:10 AM
If you cared about this game like the rest of us you would have put in the research like we did. I did the Overeem thing roughly 2 weeks ago. You had opportunity you just didn't have interest.
#5f3zza5000Posted 1/23/2012 12:31:49 PM
More i think about it, if you were really that bothered about the roster, wouldnt you have looked at it before pre ordering the game??
---
PSN/XBL - XxQwickSkopes360xX
#6xxbambamxx83(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 2:13:42 PM
I was at gamestop buying a game for my son. I saw a poster of UFC 3 so I did a quick google search on my phone and saw pics of Alistair and saw that it was being released next month. I didn't do any research before this since I had a busy few months. I decided to buy the game while there and just began researching the game this morning.

He's fighting for the title next and it's crazy that he is DLC only for facebook people who liked the THQ page last week. That's like making a new Madden game and making the NY Giants only DLC for select people. It's dumb and you people shouldn't defend it.
#7MakoTitan5000Posted 1/23/2012 2:22:27 PM
Speaking of which, when are they going to send out the codes for Overeem? I liked the page a month ago. Anyone got an idea? Thanks.
#8MakoTitan5000Posted 1/23/2012 2:25:03 PM
xxbambamxx83 posted...
I was at gamestop buying a game for my son. I saw a poster of UFC 3 so I did a quick google search on my phone and saw pics of Alistair and saw that it was being released next month. I didn't do any research before this since I had a busy few months. I decided to buy the game while there and just began researching the game this morning.

He's fighting for the title next and it's crazy that he is DLC only for facebook people who liked the THQ page last week. That's like making a new Madden game and making the NY Giants only DLC for select people. It's dumb and you people shouldn't defend it.

You people huh? Nice way to get a good vibe dude...Just sayin.
#9LOLSUP_IMSGOODPosted 1/23/2012 3:14:39 PM
xxbambamxx83 posted...

We have every reason to defend it. You should be thankful he was even added to the game considering he was not a part of the roster until a few months ago. I'm not sure of the official roster but I'm going to assume numerous Strikeforce fighters did not make the cut, and that only a select few (Diaz, Overeem, etc) actually did.
#10LOLSUP_IMSGOODPosted 1/23/2012 3:16:56 PM
Besides, the facebook thing was for a free download of him. Chances are he will either be free for everyone, or 80 points or something similar for those who didn't like the facebook page.

There is no way at all that he will not be included in some form. You would have to be a fool to think otherwise. Especially considering as you said, he is fighting for the HW Title.