Anyone have this sinking feeling this will be a bland boring game?

#1Semi45aPosted 3/5/2012 1:06:35 AM
or are you ultra hype for it?
---
Special Olympics is like Taco Bell, everyone's a winner
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2JhunHayterPosted 3/5/2012 10:04:36 AM
-Ghost recon style graphic..
-shark shark shark. And shark..
-fixed race&Class
-18K plus equipment pieces..

Erhhh... Dunno.. I was hyped for this.. Until i watch the trailer.. From 140% getting it.. Now 30% maybe..

Especially when i'm already pre order icarus and rhytm thief..

I'll wait for the review to kicks in..

I hear from some wandering bird. That this game is a prototype release game..
---
Yeah my grammar sucks, because english is not my first language. Do u mind, mate?
#3TheRealistKillaPosted 3/6/2012 1:24:31 PM
I went nuts for this game early on when I heard it was online and supported voice chat. Then after watching several videos I noticed the graphics weren't that great and the gameplay looks kinda crappy. The heroes you get to choose from have very little customization options other than changing a color or two here and there. I think this looks liked a real dumbed down MMORPG.

They really need to make a port of Phantasy Star online or even Phantasy Star online 2 on the 3DS. That game is how you do a console MMORPG>
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#4KirbsidePosted 3/6/2012 7:34:01 PM

TheRealistKilla posted...
I went nuts for this game early on when I heard it was online and supported voice chat. Then after watching several videos I noticed the graphics weren't that great and the gameplay looks kinda crappy. The heroes you get to choose from have very little customization options other than changing a color or two here and there. I think this looks liked a real dumbed down MMORPG.

They really need to make a port of Phantasy Star online or even Phantasy Star online 2 on the 3DS. That game is how you do a console MMORPG>
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin

*facepalm* 

um well in the walkthrough trailer with the Vindicator you could change the Skin Tone, the Hair **** Hair Color, and Player Color.  Now granted it is not as much customization as say an MMO, but this game is NOT an MMO, it is a ARPG, similar to Diablo series, which had NO customization other then the loot.  And about the video I've heard from other gamers that quality is do to how they captured the video, which is from the 3DS.  So yeah some of the sweet images are a bit chopped ALSO um game is still being worked on, with no official release date, so there is still time.  Either way I was hooked from the moment I saw the game when there were just some images and a few trailers, and I am still looking forward to this game.

#5ferofaxPosted 3/6/2012 9:48:14 PM
Well, loot fests are always fun, what with the lack of 3DS hack & slash titles...

but a Phantasy Star Zero 3DS would rock socks. PSZ is the definitive ARPG on the Nintendo DS, what with its robust online and awesome customization, plus the loot system (where each loot chest contains different loot for players instead of who grabs it first) and the shared inventory. too bad this won't have a shared inventory between characters.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#6BadKidPKPosted 3/9/2012 10:48:05 AM
for a handheld it looks amazing, no way its gunna rival diablo3 or anything but thats obvious. but for a handheld dungeon crawler i think it looks awesome
people need to understand that its only a 3ds game not pc/xbox and shouldent have expectations so outragously high, ya the graphics arent astonishing or anything and there is a lack of char custom's. this really doesent bother me at all as long as the gameplay/replayabilty is good
#7DreadJesterPosted 3/10/2012 7:18:48 AM
Mehh, graphics aren't everything. I'm always shocked at how many people put so much stake in graphical appearance of games. I mean granted, there is a certain graphical expectation of particular types of games based on current systems but even that withstanding graphics still don't make the game.

I've seen plenty of games with eye-popping incredible graphics that had about the same amount of gameplay as tic-tac-toe, perhaps even not as much as that. On the other hand I've seen games with truly horrendous graphics, to the point that it looks like a 5 year old made them, but still had some incredibly fun and/or deep gameplay.

In a day when Minecraft with it's blocky simplistic graphics can be as popular as it is you'd think people would finally start to consider overall gameplay over graphics. But we all want our pretty I guess. Suppose it's sort of like how must guys would take the hot blond with the box of rocks for brains over the plain jane that could actually hold an intellegent and interesting conversation.
---
3DS Friend Code: D Jester 3609-1862-5983
#8spikejetedPosted 3/11/2012 11:13:55 PM
Play sacred 2. Awesome game, must have hdtv to read half of the text. Game play is what you would expect from a RPG,. Reminds me of diablo and baldurs gate. Anyways, Either of the mentioned games had no customization. I really don't want to hear people complaining about that. Play skyrim. No multiplayer. No generated dungeons. Kill the badies and they are gone for good, save the dragons and small time side quest enemies.
I just want VOIP. 3ds needs game chat. Also, the ability to drop in and out. Maybe even GAME INVITES. Is that too much to ask for.

I hope this game does soooo good with sales that other developers decide to add these features that are essential to the new era of gaming. Come on now, I can;t even invite my friends to play RE even though I can see they are online, and playing the same game. Someone surely agrees we deserve these features!! Lets buy the game and rant and rave that we will only support titles and developers that provide this type of luxury!!!!!!!!
Sorry for preaching
#9beny_pimpsterPosted 3/16/2012 12:43:49 AM
Semi45a posted...

those poor fools at square-enix should have concentrated their resources on making the final fantasy 3ds (not the rhytm game God knows i aint getting it i even misspelled rhythm on purpose) instead on this game
#10old_man_mossyPosted 3/25/2012 8:16:09 AM
beny_pimpster posted...
Semi45a posted...

those poor fools at square-enix should have concentrated their resources on making the final fantasy 3ds (not the rhytm game God knows i aint getting it i even misspelled rhythm on purpose) instead on this game

oh, no...please just no. Final Fantasy is just bleh....rather have a unique kind of game that's actually rare on systems; quality top downs have been scarce lately- coarse maybe I'm just missing them. Final Fantasy though, crap I can play it on my Phone and after nearly 3 decades of it....I'm glad we are getting this game rather than FF. A new franchise to me stands a much better chance than any 'Final' Fantasy at entertaining me.
---
rust n peace FC# 1077 3514 4362