Is anybody else having issues with the sound?

#1DaggerbornPosted 5/16/2013 9:30:50 AM
Every now and then, and pretty frequently, all sound in the game cuts out just for a split second. This only seems to happen when playing this game, so I figure that rules out my receiver.
---
"A very small man can cast a very large shadow"
#2gOwCoD4Posted 5/16/2013 9:36:42 AM
I beat the game and it never happened to me once.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3Daggerborn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 9:38:41 AM
Do you have a surround sound receiver? I guess it could be something specifically about the 5.1 track. The only other game I remember having this issue with is DmC. But a number of people reported that issue.
---
"A very small man can cast a very large shadow"
#4gOwCoD4Posted 5/16/2013 9:41:06 AM
Unless you count a headset with surround-sound capability as a surround sound receiver, then no. I played the game with both my headset and my TV speakers, and never had issues once.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#5xero549Posted 5/16/2013 9:44:15 AM
Yes, it happens to me as well.
#6beginningatlastPosted 5/16/2013 11:24:15 AM
It happens to me as well. The sound also stutters on occasion. Also dialogue is weak out of the center channel but obnoxiously loud out of the rears if the character that is speaking is behind you.

I know it's not my system as it does not have these issues on any other games. I tested quite a few last night.
#7st8gunnerPosted 5/16/2013 5:58:15 PM
My sound went out completely on me last night.

*Possible Spoilers, but I doubt it*

When you're fighting the watchmen things after the plane flashback scene, almost to polis. My sound cut out completely, went to dashboard, still no sound, then restarted the box and got sound back. Weird.
---
...and when that day comes that you truly call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.
#8Look_A_UsernamePosted 5/16/2013 6:30:25 PM
I too, had issues with sound so far... I swear some parts you'd literally know what they said without subtitles. Like one part I was above ground and a character was talking..the voice dialogue dropped so damn low for me I was like wtf. But I find a lot of times if you're looking towards a character when they're talking it's not very loud, then boom, you turn away and it's normal. I thought it was actually just my copy of the game but if it happens with others maybe I have nothing to worry about
---
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/dealwithitspider.jpg http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/sonicderpp.jpg
#9iNtriKit44Posted 5/17/2013 12:19:25 AM
Look_A_Username posted...
I too, had issues with sound so far... I swear some parts you'd literally know what they said without subtitles. Like one part I was above ground and a character was talking..the voice dialogue dropped so damn low for me I was like wtf. But I find a lot of times if you're looking towards a character when they're talking it's not very loud, then boom, you turn away and it's normal. I thought it was actually just my copy of the game but if it happens with others maybe I have nothing to worry about

i was wanting to make a post for this same thing. it's quite annoying because i want to play without subtitles for more 'immersion.' if i face the guy talking i can hear him. if i move the crosshair so that i'm aiming beside him the sound gets extremely low. if i turn my back to him i can hear him perfectly.

its not just this game that i experience this with. in a lot of modern games i have this problem. i remember this happening in Tomb Raider a few months ago
#10CarpetfluffPosted 5/17/2013 8:04:54 AM
iNtriKit44 posted...
Look_A_Username posted...

i was wanting to make a post for this same thing. it's quite annoying because i want to play without subtitles for more 'immersion.' if i face the guy talking i can hear him. if i move the crosshair so that i'm aiming beside him the sound gets extremely low. if i turn my back to him i can hear him perfectly.

its not just this game that i experience this with. in a lot of modern games i have this problem. i remember this happening in Tomb Raider a few months ago

Not helped by the fact that they like to tell you stuff while they walk away regardless of what you're doing, so if you don't tag along because you're searching side areas you can't hear half what they say. That and the fact that they suffer from constant 'come here' syndrome when you're looking around and they're already at the next door or whatever are probably my only two gripes with the game.