Way better than Beijing 2008

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BC97

BC97
4 years ago#1
I went back and played the last Summer Olympics game, and this game is just so much more fun.

I was watching kayaking tonight and it looked just like it does in the game. Plenty of cool events I'm enjoying more knowing I've played them in this game.

I just wish there were more gymnastics events - floor and balance beam were pretty fun in the last game - pretty much the only edge Beijing has over this game. Track, field, swimming, shooting, archery - they are all so much better in this game.

User Info: Nizzidramaniiyt

Nizzidramaniiyt
4 years ago#2
Beijing had way better event selection though. Hopefully by the next installment of the Games they finally make a great game deserving of the 60$ tag.

User Info: coolositymax

coolositymax
4 years ago#3
How do the controls compare with Beijing 2008?

I have that game, but wouldn't mind upgrading to 2012 if the majority of events aren't just button-mashing or analogue-rotating at freakish speeds in order to succeed.

I can barely do a couple of races in the Beijing game before I have to stop because waggling that analogue stick starts giving me blisters.

User Info: RVallant

RVallant
4 years ago#4
coolositymax posted...
How do the controls compare with Beijing 2008?

I have that game, but wouldn't mind upgrading to 2012 if the majority of events aren't just button-mashing or analogue-rotating at freakish speeds in order to succeed.

I can barely do a couple of races in the Beijing game before I have to stop because waggling that analogue stick starts giving me blisters.

There's barely any button mashing. It's all rhythm and timing now. But perhaps a touch too easy on some of the events.

On hard mode though you need to be almost flawless and put in an OR/WR breaking performance to win. So I suppose it's got the balance right (you can drop the difficulty if you're REALLY having trouble tho.)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived