Way better than Beijing 2008

#1BC97Posted 7/29/2012 10:16:49 PM
I went back and played the last Summer Olympics game, and this game is just so much more fun.

I was watching kayaking tonight and it looked just like it does in the game. Plenty of cool events I'm enjoying more knowing I've played them in this game.

I just wish there were more gymnastics events - floor and balance beam were pretty fun in the last game - pretty much the only edge Beijing has over this game. Track, field, swimming, shooting, archery - they are all so much better in this game.
#2NizzidramaniiytPosted 8/1/2012 4:11:03 PM
Beijing had way better event selection though. Hopefully by the next installment of the Games they finally make a great game deserving of the 60$ tag.
#3coolositymaxPosted 8/3/2012 11:22:41 AM
How do the controls compare with Beijing 2008?

I have that game, but wouldn't mind upgrading to 2012 if the majority of events aren't just button-mashing or analogue-rotating at freakish speeds in order to succeed.

I can barely do a couple of races in the Beijing game before I have to stop because waggling that analogue stick starts giving me blisters.
#4RVallantPosted 8/19/2012 6:03:55 PM
coolositymax posted...
How do the controls compare with Beijing 2008?

I have that game, but wouldn't mind upgrading to 2012 if the majority of events aren't just button-mashing or analogue-rotating at freakish speeds in order to succeed.

I can barely do a couple of races in the Beijing game before I have to stop because waggling that analogue stick starts giving me blisters.

There's barely any button mashing. It's all rhythm and timing now. But perhaps a touch too easy on some of the events.

On hard mode though you need to be almost flawless and put in an OR/WR breaking performance to win. So I suppose it's got the balance right (you can drop the difficulty if you're REALLY having trouble tho.)