bad game or lies?

#11cither3000Posted 6/11/2012 9:59:45 AM
If you can get by it in the beginning, it can become quite fun. For some reason it labeled me as threat-level Gold when I was R20 or so, yet I can barely hold my own on a Silver server.
---
I'm a Buddhist. If you have a problem with my peaceful ways, I'll kindly shove them straight up your ass.
#12CalloMerlosePosted 6/12/2012 8:06:54 PM
I love this game, I don't care what anyone says, the only time I rage while playing the game is 100% because of poor interaction from other players. But thats to be expected, any 100% pvp game will bring out the worst the internet has to offer.

Also as stated, enforcers are usually more organised, even in pickup groups, but, thats unfortunately not saying alot.

Also, killing people, unless its the main mission objective is often not the best tactic, stalling is usually the most effective thing you can do if your teammates are even remotely objective minded.

Suicide is always looked down on, but I never get tired of exploding my car in the middle of the enemy team.... death in the name of mission objective is always justifiable if you made a difference.
---
People have hope because they can't see death standing behind them.
#13XdromeXPosted 7/3/2012 10:47:31 PM
I love it and I find it very easy too, but I always play 3rd person games.

I like to custom chars, cars etc, so every day with unlocks I change looks and enjoy.

I think you should just unlock and use assault rifles that are so much better then other weapons overall, and then unlock a good uzi type weapon as secondary.

get at least the 5k car soon as it really helps having a decent ride.

Other than that, just have :)
#14count_hamsteinPosted 7/14/2012 10:18:06 PM
It has it's moments, such as when you and your party drive around in a car destroying everything. People are generally pretty nice to their team. Though lots of hack accusations and OP weapons/ tactics. (one guy called me a noon for killing him in CQC, he was a sniper), but in general it's an alright game, way better than the 54 rating on metacritic.

I'd give it a 77. Love it despite it's flaws.
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln
#15magus22Posted 7/29/2012 9:41:14 PM
As long as you don't mind dying, it's a blast to play

You just can't have a "play to win" mindset -- this game very much requires a "play just to play/have fun" attitude
#16XxRiSoNxXPosted 7/30/2012 6:00:32 PM
magus22 posted...
As long as you don't mind dying, it's a blast to play

You just can't have a "play to win" mindset -- this game very much requires a "play just to play/have fun" attitude

I agree with this whole hearted. If you play to win at every turn you will become frustrated, if not infuriated and it will reflect in decreased performance. APB does have a HUGE hacking problem, Patriot server is the worst... but they are on Joker & Colby too. If you only have fun when you win every time, this is not your game.
---
Currently streaming: NBA 2K12, Dead Island and Path of Exile (still in beta). http://www.twitch.tv/zalsphere Feel free to drop in, comment or chat. ^_^
#17YodummytrashPosted 8/2/2012 8:48:47 AM
This scummy piece of trash isn't even worth wiping my *** with. Playing with over leveled jokers who snipe or grenade launch all day and make cars spawn and take more bullets than Halo jumpers. Frame rate is awful even on a good computer so the many times that people Battlefront left and right while shooting makes the most ridiculous and atrocious firefights ever. Got a gun as good as your foe? Nope? Good, cause he was gunna camp anyway and your inaccurate beginning rifle is just accurate enough to anger him at point blank range. Let's not forget the most annoying music ever composed (probably should say barfed) whenever you get killed and you're fighting campers so this is only gonna get better. Oh, and you start with a starter pistol. The ones you start races with. Says 38 snub nosed but the bullets I put into these fools makes me remember the Klobb. This game is free for a reason, no hardworking person would pay for this.