Best Game for CAWs?

#1devestator_xPosted 1/14/2012 11:29:48 AM
I havent played any SvR game since 2007. Which year offers the best CAW system? Im looking to grab one, but I want the deepest CAW system as I intend on building the entire Impact Wrestling roster to make the game I want to play as I prefer Impact over WWE.
---
Some say this is a bunch of random words, and that none of the letters make any sense. All we know is, it's called a sig!
#2atl19144Posted 1/14/2012 2:31:13 PM
I'm trying to do the same. thing 48 tna wrestlers updated Chris Jericho and updated Kane
---
psn impactcaw
#3atl19144Posted 1/14/2012 2:34:16 PM
devestatorx posted...
I havent played any SvR game since 2007. Which year offers the best CAW system? Im looking to grab one, but I want the deepest CAW system as I intend on building the entire Impact Wrestling roster to make the game I want to play as I prefer Impact over WWE.

are you creating them from scratch or are you downloading them from C.C.?
---
psn impactcaw
#4Mister_MackeyPosted 1/14/2012 2:46:52 PM

The CAW system in SVR11 and WWE 12 are practically the same, so at this point, you'd be better off getting SVR11 since there are more CAWS available because it's been out longer.

Otherwise, if you plan to make them yourself, it really doesn't matter which one you get.

#5devestator_x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 3:08:48 PM
Well, like I mentioned, the last one I played was 2007. They didnt have downloadable caws then. You had to go to a site like caws.ws and get the formulas, so thats kind of what Im used to. Im certainly not good enough to make them myself (at least not to the quality of other artists out there)

I also like to make created wrestlers too. Just guys (and girls) that dont resemble anyone in particular. For that, i like having as many options for customization as possible.

So, which game from 2008 until 2012 has the best CAW creation system?
---
Some say this is a bunch of random words, and that none of the letters make any sense. All we know is, it's called a sig!
#6Mister_MackeyPosted 1/14/2012 3:16:26 PM

Aside from the addition of the paint tool, CAW mode hasn't really changed much over the past several years, so it really doesn't matter.

#7atl19144Posted 1/14/2012 9:14:31 PM
devestatorx posted...
Well, like I mentioned, the last one I played was 2007. They didnt have downloadable caws then. You had to go to a site like caws.ws and get the formulas, so thats kind of what Im used to. Im certainly not good enough to make them myself (at least not to the quality of other artists out there)

I also like to make created wrestlers too. Just guys (and girls) that dont resemble anyone in particular. For that, i like having as many options for customization as possible.

So, which game from 2008 until 2012 has the best CAW creation system?

---
psn impactcaw
#8AkimboP90Posted 1/14/2012 9:33:06 PM
Well, SVR2010 probably has the best CaW system, however, it's virtually identical to SVR11 and WWE '12 other than the fact 2010 has transparency, custom skin tones, WWE '12 and SVR11 have a few, and I mean a few, new things.
Overall, I'd go with WWE '12, as it has Universe mode and create an arena, Universe mode books matches and feuds, you can influence it, but it's always pretty random, it can also be customised, so, for instance, you could have iMPACT! on Monday and have xPLOSION(That's TNA's second show, right?) on Friday, using the arenas you created for them.
Sadly, you will need to have 15 WWE Superstars in Universe mode for some reason, you can always edit their matches and remove them though, and I've heard they're going to patch it.
---
This signature will be changed when Justin Gabriel wins a singles title or gets released. ~ Started 17/3/11
#9thekosmicfool part 2Posted 1/14/2012 11:45:03 PM
^Anyone who likes having huge rosters of CAWs should probably steer clear of SVR 2010 because of the tedium of stat grinding.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#10rodninniPosted 1/15/2012 8:59:45 AM
This year's title has the best CAWs available for download. Anyone who knows anything about the independent tools being made available by fans will know that transparency and custom skin tones are possible this year also.

Also, textured caws are again possible through paint tool hacks. That means more realistic CAWs and provides an easy way to import real logos into the game without the pixelation that happens with the in-game paint tool.

And you can now even put real titantrons into the game...Maybe you've seen some of these uploaded on CC.

All of that combined makes for some great CAWs. The next closest was 2010, which also allowed for textured CAWs.