Create a Finisher/Move

#1MBXfilmsPosted 8/25/2011 1:18:11 PM
I like how Create a Finisher has some of the old animations in it...but some of the moves aren't finishers. It would be nice to use them as normal moves also.
I don't care what idiots would abuse this (Although is giving yourself dumb, long moves abuse? It's not like they'd do more damage) I want to have the choice to make my game the way I want it, which is realistic.

Do you think Create a Finisher moves work with tables and weapons this year?
I suppose not, but it would be cool. Did top rope finishers work through tables last year? I forget.
---
MBXfilms.com
#2TheRobPosted 8/25/2011 1:36:47 PM
Nope, none of the create-a-finishers worked with tables. Would be nice if they did, but I find it unlikely.

As for you idea about create-a-move, I had the same idea before myself. It would be nice if you could have a moveset of custom moves, it could make your CAW more unique. But of course there will be those who abuse it and/or people complaining about those who do.

However, my main problem with create-a-finisher is the inability to link any animations we want together. Some of them wouldn't make a lot of sense, but there were a lot of things there were off limits before that would have made a lot of sense. So hopefully in that regard they scale back on the limitations at least.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#3thekosmicfool part 2Posted 8/25/2011 1:38:06 PM
thekosmicfool would be happy if you could just set them as Signature moves. Because you're right, there are a ton of animations that aren't credible as finishers, like all those vertical suplex end animations. A lot of those would make wonderful signature moves to set up a finisher. And another couple of animations that stick out are the "jumping armbreaker" and a couple of hip toss finishes. These aren't good finishers, but would make great signatures.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#4thekosmicfool part 2Posted 8/25/2011 2:01:46 PM
TheRob posted...
Nope, none of the create-a-finishers worked with tables. Would be nice if they did, but I find it unlikely.

Actually, there's a better chance than you may think of created finishers working with tables this year. In SVR 2010, there were some created finisher animations that DID work through tables. The "High Angle Powerbomb" worked really well. And since the CAF system of 2011 was so similar to 2010, we have to assume that the change in table physics is what made it impossible to use CAFs through tables, and not the CAFs themselves. And since the 2011 game placed such emphasis on those awesome table physics, we can also assume that no longer being able to use CAFs through tables was more of an oversight or an unfinished goal than a conscious omission. Which points toward the possibility that this might be fixed for WWE 12.

A lot of assumptions, yes. But also, if you tried a CAF with the aforementioned "high angle bomb" finish through a table in SVR 2011, the opponent would clearly impact the table as if it was detecting that a body was being slammed upon it, rather than simply sliding out of the way as would sometimes happen with TOTALLY incompatible moves. It just wouldn't break.

So it probably wouldn't be much of an issue to finish integrating the CAFs with the newer table system, with at least SOME of the end animations.They were halfway there in 2011.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#5MBXfilms(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 2:23:07 PM
I didn't think you could put people through tables in 2010 except for Table Finishers and such.

The Regal Cutter is there not not the normal moves.
AND they would have to let you NOT have to choose a guy kick or something just to get to some of the move ends.
---
MBXfilms.com
#6IrishMercenaryPosted 8/26/2011 1:47:33 AM
I do wish there was some small extra damage. It just seems pointless otherwise.

Also all finishes, do they all do the same damage or do they differ?
---
Clans are nothing... Real elite players join a religion ~ Alpal
MHTri: Name:Pat , ID: WGBn41 (EU)
#7MBXfilms(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 9:04:49 AM
It's just based on stats I think.

You mean extra damage for putting people through tables? I would hope there is already.
---
MBXfilms.com
#8IrishMercenaryPosted 8/26/2011 12:54:56 PM
No say just throwing in a gut kick or repeating back breakers before a big slam
---
Clans are nothing... Real elite players join a religion ~ Alpal
MHTri: Name:Pat , ID: WGBn41 (EU)
#9mr_alaska123Posted 8/28/2011 10:33:36 AM
actually going through the wrestiling tables dont really hurt
---
gamer tag: Bigballs1178
#10RomanSynnPosted 8/28/2011 12:56:20 PM
IrishMercenary posted...
No say just throwing in a gut kick or repeating back breakers before a big slam

If it worked that way, everybody you fought online would have 10-hit combos as finishers.
---
The ability to thrive in the real world while living in a fantasy one separates creative genius from crushing insanity.