If WWE 13 happened to be themed around the "Attitude Era"...

#1bl_smith91Posted 2/23/2012 6:25:02 AM
Apparently, there is a rumor that that's the theme for the next game. If that were the case, what do you think we will get? My guess is a few superstars, a Raw is War arena (with JR on commentary), and probably something attitude related in someone's RTWM. Your thoughts or wish lists?
---
================
Not changing this sig until WWE is good again, so i will most likely have this sig FOR-EV-ER.
#2sumosmurfPosted 2/23/2012 8:45:37 AM
J.O.B. Squad (Al Snow, Bob Holly, 2 Cold Scorpio, Gillberg, Blue Meanie, etc..)
#3atl19144Posted 2/23/2012 8:59:34 AM
Attitude Era 1997 roster

BABYFACE ROSTER
Steve Austin
The Patriot
Undertaker
Ken Shamrock
Ahmed Johnson
3 Faces of Foley
Chainsaw Charlie
Goldust
Rocky Maivia
Vader
Steve Blackman
Marc Mero
Jesse James
Flash Funk
Bart Gunn
Bob Holly
Freddy Joe Floyd
Tom Brandi
Aldo Mantoya
Barry Horrowitz
Jake Roberts
Hawk
Animal
Mosh
Thrasher
Doug Furnas
Phil Lafon
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Taka Michinoku
The Great Sasuke
Brian Christopher
Yoshihiro Tajiri
Mr Aguila
Super Loco
Scott Putski
Scott Taylor
Devon Storm
Ace Darling
Flash Flanagan
Tommy Rogers
Bobby Fulton

HEEL ROSTER
Shawn Michaels
Hunter Helmsley
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
British Bulldog
Jim Neidhart
Brian Pillman
Kane
Jeff Jarrett
Jerry Lawler
Farooq
DLo Brown
Kama Mustafa
Crush
Chainz
Skull & 8Ball
Savio Vega
Miguel Perez
Jose Estrada
Jesus Castillo
Sycho Sid
Rockabilly
Tiger Ali Singh
Leif Cassity
The Sultan
Brooklyn Brawler
Interrogater
Reacon
Sniper.
Henry Godwinn
Phinias Godwinn
Blackjack Bradshaw
Blackjack Windham
Fake Diesel
Fake Razor Ramon
JC Ice
Wolfie D

TAG TEAMS
Hart Foundation
Degeneration-X
Nation of Domination
Disciples of Apocalypse
Los Boricuas
Truth Commission
Owen & Bulldog
New Age Outlaws
Legion of Doom
New Blackjacks
The Godwinns
The Headbangers
Furnace/Lafon
PG-13
Hardy Boyz
Fake Outsiders

OTHER
Jim Cornette
Clarence Mason
Jose Lothario
Paul Bearer
Rick Rude
The Commandant
The Jackyl
Hillbilly Jim
Honky Tonk Man
Iron Sheik
Chyna
Sable
Sunny
Marlena
Gorilla Monsoon
Sgt Slaughter
Max Mini
ECW Invasion
---
psn impactcaw
#4BigTlovesBEERPosted 2/23/2012 9:07:59 AM
I don't think it'll be WWE '13. I'd be willing to bet it'd be a different game if they did it. Unless the Attitude Era was used the way they used WCW in this year's game.

Which could be cool. Maybe create a character that moves through some of that era's defining moments. Complete with the unparallelled wwe video packages. I might be interested in that.
#5HBKHHH246Posted 2/23/2012 9:11:27 AM
That would suck...the attitude era is bloody overrated by the people it's just sickening.

Yes, the attitude era was great for it's time...but overrated, people like it because they were horny little pre-teens having their first boner over Sable and over the top storylines, but watching it now it was such Jerry Springer crap that was only shock value.
---
PSN ID: psfan64
#6SagatCagePosted 2/23/2012 9:41:54 AM

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/250167-the-cashbox-responding-to-madden-thq-stiffing-wrestlers?start=1

A guy gave that link over on the ps3 board.  I've been saying they should do this for a while now.  I said they should do with WWE 13, what they have done in UFC 3 with Pride Mode.  I said they should focus on the Attitude/NWO-WCW era.  If JR + King are doing commentary, and if this article is factual, then it seems like Attitude Legend matches are a real possibility.  I just started another thread about Farooq being inducted into the HOF, and it would be great if the APA were included.  Hopefully WCW gets the same treatment, and we get a couple more arenas and wrestlers.  DDP just singed a Legends contract, they have guys who were in WCW at that time... like Jericho, Big Show, Rey, etc.  Plus, they used Hogan, Macho Man, Eddie and a ton of other guys in All Stars... just use them here as well.  I can't see how this could be a bad decision.  Man, I really hope this isn't all just BS...

#7DKNIGHT1234Posted 2/23/2012 9:43:20 AM

I was pondering this recently, I hadn't heard this so called "rumour", it was just an idle thought; seeing as McMahon owns almost everything in wrestling, surely they could do a Monday Night Wars WWE game?  I mean it'd be a huge fan service if they pulled it off, so it's not going to happen, but could you imagine if the roster, belts, arenas, EVERYTHING was split three ways, WWF Attitude, WCW (when they were at their peak) and ECW?  Hell, fix Universe, incorporates GM and Story Mode into it and bring back the custom move choice from HCTP, give us decent Hardcore matches, bring back the backstage area that leads to different parts of and outside the arena, fix Community Creations (though I don't think I'd need it as much) pay Sting whatever he wants to appear in it and slap it on the WWE 12 engine and I'd buy it.

...ok, so that's quite a few things to fix, but still, that'd make me a happy gamer.

Or, if it's easier, combine No Mercy and WCW vs NWO Revenge into one game, release it on XBLA and I'd probably be just as happy, lol!

#8SagatCagePosted 2/23/2012 9:44:04 AM

Plus, don't forget Road Dogg just signed a contract... and he was in the RR.  Maybe we'd get the NAO's too.

#9SagatCagePosted 2/23/2012 9:48:50 AM

DKNIGHT1234 posted...

I was pondering this recently, I hadn't heard this so called "rumour", it was just an idle thought; seeing as McMahon owns almost everything in wrestling, surely they could do a Monday Night Wars WWE game?  I mean it'd be a huge fan service if they pulled it off, so it's not going to happen, but could you imagine if the roster, belts, arenas, EVERYTHING was split three ways, WWF Attitude, WCW (when they were at their peak) and ECW?  Hell, fix Universe, incorporates GM and Story Mode into it and bring back the custom move choice from HCTP, give us decent Hardcore matches, bring back the backstage area that leads to different parts of and outside the arena, fix Community Creations (though I don't think I'd need it as much) pay Sting whatever he wants to appear in it and slap it on the WWE 12 engine and I'd buy it.

...ok, so that's quite a few things to fix, but still, that'd make me a happy gamer.

Or, if it's easier, combine No Mercy and WCW vs NWO Revenge into one game, release it on XBLA and I'd probably be just as happy, lol!

You don't need Sting if your just going to include Legends Matches.  You could get away with not having a few of even the biggest names, since they already have so many under contract, if you were just including Legends Matches.

#10bl_smith91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 10:28:47 AM
I've heard of the pride mode in UFC 3, but i haven't played the game yet. It would be cool if they had a mode like that in WWE 13 like you said.
---
================
Not changing this sig until WWE is good again, so i will most likely have this sig FOR-EV-ER.