Universe Mode Improvements

#1Toad 004Posted 7/4/2012 6:08:25 PM
I'm sure most of these have been said, but there aren't any topics on the matter that aren't archived, or I'd gladly post in one of them. Anyway...

Match Cards
-Allow editing a match without starting it.
This would allow you to edit each match in the show before starting it. It would also allow you to create a match to interfere in, or a title match to cash in on.

-Allow you to create or delete a match
Not just edit. In other words, you can set the number of matches. You should also be allowed to edit the default amount of matches in each show.

-Set preferences for the booked shows
For example, you can tell the game "I love tag matches, book lots of them". Or "CM Punk is awesome, book him constantly". If you want to tell the game to never book a One on One match, it should let you. If you want it to book nothing but diva matches, it should let you.

-Allow the player to create special matches
If you want to create a #1 contender's match, it should let you. If you want to create a Money in the Bank match (complete with cash-in rights), it should let you.

-Improved interference
First, you should be able to interfere in almost any match (Hell in a Cell, Inferno, and Battle Royal/Royal Rumble should be the only ones you can't). Second, you should be able to choose when to interfere (ex, sit by ringside and interfere if it looks like your teammate is going to lose. Basically, you should be able to do anything the game can do when it has people interfere in the cut-scenes.

Shows, Brands, Rankings, & Titles
-Allow the player to create or delete a show
Pretty self-explanatory. If you want a show every day, you're the boss, right? If you want only 1 show a week... you got it.

-Set booking preferences for EACH show
As seen above. For example, you can set RAW to only have Tag Matches, Smackdown to only have people ranked 5th or higher, and Superstars to only allow Divas.

-Allow a brand to be on more than one show
If you want everyone to be on every show, or on some shows but not others. For example, you want RAW and Smackdown on each others shows, but not on your Saturday show just for CAWs.

-Allow the player to override the rankings
If you're allowed to name a champion, then why not the #1 contender, or who's in dead last? This should also effect how often they're booked, and where.

-Vacated Titles
In addition to being able to manually order a title vacated, the game should do it automatically when the champion is injured, retired, deleted, or otherwise can't fight. A vacated title that is active should have a championship match among the top contenders at the next PPV.

-Improved Belts
Many of these improvements are obvious - for example, you should be able to create a mixed tag team title and a diva tag title. Also, you can set who competes for what belt - and no I don't just mean "Superstars or Divas". You'd be able to set the WCW title for only WCW Wrestlers, you'd be able to set the World Heavyweight championship so only Heavyweights can compete, and you could set the "Champion of Champions" Belt so only Champions can compete.

(continued on next post)
---
Proud Lurker since 2004!
#2Toad 004(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 6:08:37 PM
Superstars, Divas, and Teams
You're Fired!
Yes, we badly need the ability to kick someone - be they WWE or CAW - from universe completely. A fired wrestler doesn't exist as far as universe is concerned.

Assign a job to a Wrestler
You should be able to assign wrestlers to jobs such as -
Manager - This person will manage for their selected wrestler.
GM - They will run the show, and have their own scenes. They may be biased when they book matches.
Retired - They can show up randomly in events, but they won't be booked in matches nor can they hold titles.
Referee - Yes, selecting the ref. And yes, heel refs should be unfair.

Face or Heel Alignment
Basically, there should be a meter (just like the momentum meter), with Heel at one end and Face at the other. A heel that just turned face shouldn't be as "liked" as someone that has been face for years and was never once heel. Of course, the player should be able to edit it.

Momentum improvements
First, the "loser" of a Battle Royal or an elimination match should be the FIRST person out, not the LAST. Second, people in rivalries or other storylines should all gain momentum (although the winners should gain more). Third, someone newly added to universe should have their starting momentum set by the player.

Team Improvements
You should be able to set teams to like or hate each other, just as you can set individual people to. In addition, teams should be able to kick members out or disband completely (with the user's permission) the same as they form and add members. Larger teams should be allowed 2 sets of tag team partners. Finally, Teams should matter outside cut-scenes. For example - if you put 2 teams that hate each other in a fatal 4-way, the wrestlers will act as if it were a tornado tag match, possibly even letting allies win matches.

What kind of improvements would YOUR ideal universe have?
---
Proud Lurker since 2004!
#3zenandiPosted 7/4/2012 8:01:52 PM
Feud making and tracking
Needs to be something like the first GM Mode. Where you can go to a page and see what's been going on.

Show summary and news page
Again, old GM Mode got this right. A summary of what just happened per show would be nice.

Set attires to be used
Instead of defaulting to attire 1.

Optional Contract/money management
For those that want it.. Again, making it closer to the old GM Mode.

Proper storyline conclusion matches at PPV
Instead of what's happening now -- pretty much completely unrelated title matches.

More as I think of them...
#4kmdavis99999Posted 7/5/2012 12:23:02 PM
Do away with limiting the number of matches you have. Instead, base it on the time of the show, ie SmackDown is 2 hours, so fill 2 hours worth of matches. They can put in some kind of time remaining somewhere.

Also, I want "Beat the Clock", "#1 Contenders match" and "Money in the Bank Qualifiers".

Make the "SuperShow" an option for both shows. If they're both on, then the computer will mix match Raw and Smackdown performers on both shows. With off, it won't. But, you can make one a super show and one a regular if you like.

Intergender matches should be brought in. Mixed tags are nice, but what if I want a superstar to beat up on a diva? I deserve that right.

Bring back more of the older match types that we haven't seen in a while. WWE might not use them, but I'd like to. Matches like buried alive, 3 stages of hell, casket, etc.

Falls count anywhere should really be anywhere, not just ringside. I want to fight in the back and outside the arena, just like in some off the old PS1 Smackdown vs Raw games.

More arenas, not just different ones, but different ones for existing ppvs. For example, different WrestleMania arenas, not just the one that made it into the game. But also some older ones like Backlash, Great American Bash and even some ECW and WCW ones like Souled Out, Halloween Havok and November 2 Remember all with intros and proper call names.

Different commentary teams. Cole and King on RAW, Cole, Josh and Booker on Smackdown. You should also be able to assign an announce team if you make or edit a show or PPV.

More create modes, specifically, belts, taunts and PPVs. And when you make a PPV you don't just make the card, but also the arena and set. Make the create an arena where you make the actual arena, not just parts of it.

More of the actual roster and less legends and throwbacks. I love having some of the older guys, but they take spots away from actual WWE performers. I'd rather have people like the Usos, Prime Time Players, Ryback, JTG, and Hawkins and Reks over Arn Anderson, Vader, Ricky Steamboat and the likes.

Make the Universe Mode cutscenes match the match. What I mean is, there's a cutscene that sometimes plays during tag matches where they decide who's going to start, but when the match starts, it's the over guy, not the one who said he'd start.

New reaction type: mixed. Similar to Cena now. Plus, it'd have a slider so you can decide how much boos and how much cheers they get. So you could have 45% cheer and 55% boos or 80% boos and 20% cheers. Whatever you want.

Also, instead of being a heel or face, use should be able to make someone neutral.

Evolving commentary. If 2 guys feud for a while and then they have another match later on, then they can make some comment like "these two have a history" or something similar. Just a few simple lines. But not just with feuds, it should also evolve if a wrestler goes on a major role or winning streak or has a lengthy title run or is undefeated at certain PPVs like Undetaker at WrestleMania.

Visible injury signs. Meaning, braces, wraps, limping or something simple for the wrestlers to wear for a short time after coming off an injury. It should also be based on the injury type. If they pull a quad, then they start wearing a knee brace. If they have simple cuts, wraps or bandages.

More people in a match. 10 would be nice, but I'd settle for 8, that way I can do Survivor Series matches.

Battle royals on shows without having to use the Royal Rumble arena. I should be able to do an entire Raw roster battle royal without having to make it a Royal Rumble match.

More divas. I know they're pretty much ignored on tv, but I like using them in my universe and I'd like more than just friggin' seven or so. WWE doesn't have that many to begin with, so give me more or all of them. You might have to sacrifice some legends who make no sense for them, but I personally woldn't mind.
#5BloodRed187Posted 7/5/2012 5:43:15 PM
Better cutscenes. Some of the cutscenes make no sense. My caw had a match with Cena. Cena comes out first followed my caw.

After my caw enters the ring it cuts to a scene showing Cena waiting for my caw to enter the ring only for my caw to crawl out from under the ring and attack Cena from behind 0_o
---
"Doctors say he's got a 50 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that" - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
#6Toad 004(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 12:27:03 PM
zenandi posted...
Feud making and tracking
Needs to be something like the first GM Mode. Where you can go to a page and see what's been going on.

This would be useful. A lot of times I go into the superstar's pages to edit things and I forget who they're in a feud with or what's been going on.

kmdavis99999 posted...
Intergender matches should be brought in. Mixed tags are nice, but what if I want a superstar to beat up on a diva? I deserve that right.

Yep. The last game I had in this series was 2009, so it was a big disappointment having the current gender restrictions in place. Especially how DQ crazy the ref is with ANYTHING involving Divas.

Bring back more of the older match types that we haven't seen in a while. WWE might not use them, but I'd like to. Matches like buried alive, 3 stages of hell, casket, etc.

I don't know much about the WWE, but I do know I'd much rather have retro match types in the game than retro wrestlers. That was actually a disappointment going from 2009 to 2012 - there were only 2 new matches in the game (the DQ crazy Mixed Gender Tag and Championship Scramble). I'd much rather have more matches then more wrestlers (I play with mostly CAWs anyway).

More create modes, specifically, belts, taunts and PPVs. And when you make a PPV you don't just make the card, but also the arena and set. Make the create an arena where you make the actual arena, not just parts of it.

I've been told some previous game in the series had Create-a-belt? It would work much better in this game, since you could use it to make belts for universe. And yes, all you can do now with create-an-arena now is make it look differently - you can't make it larger or smaller, or add ladders in the background, or have "arena hazards".

Make the Universe Mode cutscenes match the match. What I mean is, there's a cutscene that sometimes plays during tag matches where they decide who's going to start, but when the match starts, it's the over guy, not the one who said he'd start.

Yeah, just yesterday I had a match with 2 created divas. I interfered as a third, and I got a cutscene where my interferer jumped from the crowd to punch one of the divas. She ended up using finishers on both of them, taking them both down OUTSIDE the ring.

Then I got the no-contest cut-scene, showing one of the divas in pain... INSIDE the ring. UGH.

I also can't believe I forgot the 15-man minimum garbage. Why is this necessary? I could see a minimum of 20 TOTAL (and have the Royal Rumble scale based on the size of your Universe, ex if you have 20-29 active [uninjured] wrestlers, it will book a 20 man royal rumble, 30-39, a 30 man, and 40+, a 40 man).

Also, I was mystified by the injury cut-scenes when I first started playing universe because of this - You can't get injuries if you have too few wrestlers, the cut-scenes will still play, but the news will ignore them and the wrestler won't actually be injured.
---
Proud Lurker since 2004!
#7sandman9900Posted 7/8/2012 5:50:48 AM
I like the ideas presented so far. My idea is to make the shows in universe mode more like the actual shows themselves. Cutscenes in matches are nice but they don't convey a story like the between match segments in real life. Universe needs filler segments, both in the ring and backstage. To do this however there needs to be one of 2 things implemented. Either text dialogue for when characters speak or bring back a selection of voices for characters. Also for this to happen realistically, relationships between characters need to matter to the game. What I mean is if you have an ally or tag partner, they would be quick to save your skin should a rival attack you. Vice versa also, heated rivals wil be quick to attack or screw you over.

To add to the backstage segments there should be interviews that you have the option to skip, watch, or participate in. Participating in an interview segment lets you control the responses, and there will be different responses depending on face/heel alignment, style, and match history.

I also would like to see the return of video packages for ppvs promoting the current feuds and matches.
---
n00b, it's what's for dinner.
#8TheOnlyTrueBezoPosted 7/8/2012 11:36:32 PM
For the love of Vince McMahon...stop...injuring...all my wrestlers.

I play a universe mode with 100% CAWs (and hacked divas so they can wrestle men) and the game is intent on crippling my entire roster.

My Royal Rumble winner just got injured a week before Wrestlemania.

You should have the ability to turn injuries on and off.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row The Third (360)
Not changing this sig until I think of something better to put here.
#9TheOnlyTrueBezoPosted 7/9/2012 8:08:01 PM
Also, make it so when I set a roster without any WWE employees on it, it doesn't automatically put WWE employees in all my matches.

I don't give a crap about any of these wrestlers. I only care about my created wrestlers.

Use the roster I assign.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row The Third (360)
Not changing this sig until I think of something better to put here.
#10AWatkins170180Posted 7/10/2012 6:17:15 PM
From: TheOnlyTrueBezo | Posted: 7/9/2012 1:36:32 AM | #008
For the love of Vince McMahon...stop...injuring...all my wrestlers.

I play a universe mode with 100% CAWs (and hacked divas so they can wrestle men) and the game is intent on crippling my entire roster.

My Royal Rumble winner just got injured a week before Wrestlemania.

You should have the ability to turn injuries on and off.

THIS!!!, I got tired of having a wrestler get injured over stupid crap,
---
http://www.prowrematch.proboards.com/index.cgi The New Home Of PCW
PCW Owner since 1996