Controls help !

#1sentenced83Posted 9/17/2011 4:03:09 PM

am playing on the keyboard and as usual its designed for consoles !!

i want the shooting to be A

passing s

cross d

through pass w

sprint e

q change player !!

help please

#2llpredatorPosted 9/18/2011 10:13:04 AM

get a pc controller, problem solved. Even the xbox 360 controller can be used..

#3AmZDPosted 9/19/2011 3:36:07 PM
Oh this is one of the most amazing games when it comes to controllers, it actually knew exactly the kind of controller I had in and showed me a picture of it at the start asking me how I wanted my buttons configured. And no, I'm not using a 360 controller.
#4KetorulzPosted 9/27/2011 9:27:24 AM
This is one of the few games on PC where it is highly recommended to use a controller. And yes, any controller can be used, at least that's how it should be. Some games I have played like Batman: Arkham Asylum were poorly converted in controls in that you couldn't use anything other than the Xbox 360 controller, so that bothered me. Hopefully, this won't happen in FIFA 12, but if I know EA, they aren't that stupid.

Good to see it's going to be the same as the consoles. It means you won't miss out on anything and can enjoy the same experience as everyone else. Good on you EA.
#5ButcherskiPosted 9/27/2011 4:22:35 PM

OP : Hey guys EA doesnt give a **** about their PC releases and didnt even include the basic controler settings that have been standard for the last 15 years

you guys : Hey why dont you go out and buy a controller. Sure you only need it for about 3% of PC games witch makes it more worthless than a trackball. Go ahead nad waste some money instead of using a controller that 99.(9) PC's have.

For the OP : i have not tried to change anything yet but i found a file in /FIFA12/Game/ called buttonDataKeyBoardMouse.ini where you can change the bindings. Of course you have to manually blind test for all the keys in-game then change the bindings in the file. Hope this helps.

#6kozzy1234Posted 9/27/2011 5:16:35 PM

Just buy a wired xbox360 controller! works fine with pc version

#7KLampingPosted 9/28/2011 12:26:15 PM

works great with the Logitech Dual Action controller :) You can get those cheap

#8GothmogzPosted 9/28/2011 1:21:08 PM
Finally some love!, they cared!, menus are fast, online has no lag, wow, i LOVE IT.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#9halftimepintPosted 9/29/2011 5:45:45 AM
sentenced83 posted...

am playing on the keyboard and as usual its designed for consoles !!

i want the shooting to be A

passing s

cross d

through pass w

sprint e

q change player !!

help please

If you want precision dribbling then there is no chance it is capable on a keyboard. Analog sticks are key for 360 degrees movement - buy a controller or don't purchase FIFA 12 for PC.

They are stupidly cheap as other people have pointed out...