Unknown AR Marker

#1SeishinmahouPosted 6/7/2011 6:12:19 PM
Am I the only one experiencing this?
I wonder whats wrong?
---
3DS FC: 0559-6835-8352 Rico
#2jayman7Posted 6/7/2011 6:41:47 PM
What do you mean, what's wrong? If the Pokemon is appearing as a silhouette, that's 100% normal. You can't see the Pokemon just by scanning the code, a few legendaries aside.

There's also a known code that shows a flat black Pokeball and nothing else. No idea why this was programmed, but it happens. I've worked out the code in the AR images, and the "black Pokeball" image corresponds to index #1000 (the indexes at least theoretically go from 1 to 1024, though most of them don't do anything right now.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3DeuteragonistXPosted 6/7/2011 11:11:20 PM
jayman7 posted...
What do you mean, what's wrong? If the Pokemon is appearing as a silhouette, that's 100% normal. You can't see the Pokemon just by scanning the code, a few legendaries aside.

There's also a known code that shows a flat black Pokeball and nothing else. No idea why this was programmed, but it happens. I've worked out the code in the AR images, and the "black Pokeball" image corresponds to index #1000 (the indexes at least theoretically go from 1 to 1024, though most of them don't do anything right now.)

Is there any way you could show us this code? I'm highly interested in investigating this myself. Does it register in the Pokedex at all?

Maybe it's Missingno. XD
---
You can lead a horse to Harvard, but you can't make it think.
#4jayman7Posted 6/7/2011 11:18:35 PM
I hope this doesn't count as showing off. I'm working on a module that can show ANY number the code recognizes. Here it is set to 1000.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5870/pokedexunknown.png

Turns out it actually appears on any number from 989 to 1000.
---
#5jayman7Posted 6/7/2011 11:27:45 PM
... Now THAT'S interesting.

I had that image up in my Firefox window and I opened my module in another window. I set the module to Dewott and aimed my 3DS at it...

And not only did the image from my module show Dewott, SO DID THE BLACK POKEBALL IMAGE!!!

So that's what it does! It copies a Pokemon on screen!
---
#6DeuteragonistXPosted 6/7/2011 11:41:07 PM
jayman7 posted...
... Now THAT'S interesting.

I had that image up in my Firefox window and I opened my module in another window. I set the module to Dewott and aimed my 3DS at it...

And not only did the image from my module show Dewott, SO DID THE BLACK POKEBALL IMAGE!!!

So that's what it does! It copies a Pokemon on screen!

In that case, I'll have to see if that can be coupled with the random pokemon code to get 3 of the same pokemon on screen at the same time. I've noticed that using the random code can get a duplicate, but the same code twice just bugs out. This could make for some neat pictures.
---
You can lead a horse to Harvard, but you can't make it think.